Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BADI Triggering

HI all,

I am trying to analyze a badi created in CRM. The definition of BADI I am using is EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF.

In the implementation of this BADI in se19 I find these values.

Filter Type : PPFDFLTVAL

Here value is asociated with the domain of the filter type.

Method (Under define filters) : Z_JWT_BADI1

IN the implementation of this I have the following code :

method IF_EX_EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF~EXECUTE .

message W208(00) with 'Please Enter the Complaint Description'.

endmethod.

Also there are multiple implementations for this BADI. And the BADI I said above triggers when the descrition field is not fille in the tcode CIC0. As per my opinion the method endmethod code should have some code like

if <description> is initial.

<message>.

endif.

But instead the message is given and the BADI triggers fine. Now I do not understand how the message is displayed if no condition is checked. Because it does not appear when descrition is filled. Even though I have little knowledge about BADI's I am not completely aware how this implementation is working. Can anyone explain me how this thing works and how to check from which part of the program the BADI is triggered and what is the role of filter in this to trigger the exact implementation.

Regards,

Varun.

Message was edited by: varun sonu

Tags:
replied

Hi Varun,

Pl verify in the Program where this method was triggered.. Prior to calling the method, there should be code that verifies if the BAdI is implemented or not.. may be the field value is being checked first & then the instance check & then the method call..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question