cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password of user id SAPServiceQAS, Does it effects the QAS system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru.

I need to log on my SAP Application Server (Windows Server) with user id SAPServiceQAS

for run TP program (my STMS doesn't work well, any requests need to transported in another way)

but i don't know its password, then i want to reset and change the password.

Does the changes will effects to my SAP system ?

Now I'm worry about the current password of the user id SAPServiceQAS (that will be changed) is used by some configuration on my SAP system.

Best Regard,

Nattapash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should never log in with this user.

only use [SID]ADM to do your work.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is not a good idea:

1. SAPService<SID> has been set to "Deny log on locally" and "Deny log on through TerminalServices"

you need to run secpol.msc to revert this

2. SAPSerivce<SID> is not member of the local Administrators group

you may need to temporary put the user into the local administrators group. But the investigation of your problem may get tricky, because you are changing the user rights of the user having problems to access some STMS based information. Administrators Group is probably needed when trying to access the server using terminal services. (can be avoided when using runas /profile /u:domain\sapservice<sid> cmd.exe")

3. if changing the password for SAPService<SID> you need also to change the password in all other credentials stored by the operating systems (Windows Services running under SAPService<SID>, Scheduled Tasks etc). - on all server where credentials of this account are stored - this is a major task when having huge systems or using only workgroup configurations. A big problem in this area is, when you forget to change one credential the account may be locked because of invalid logon attempts.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Peter.

I decide to use user id QASadm instead as i told by any suggestion above..

Thanks for your reply.

Nattapash C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your TMS is inconsistence try to delete QAS system from domain controller and recreate it again

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I'm so sorry for the size of picture, I've upload it with new size, You'll see in this link [New STMS Error Pic|http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/krapong/SAP%20Questions/STMS_ERROR-1.jpg]

My Transport Directory is common DIR (It's
hostname\sapmnt\trans).

Best Regard,

Nattapash C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check for your DIR_TRANS path and all other parameters path for stms in transaction AL11

that should point to your common transport directory server.

what is the output of your stms conistency check.?

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies..

My problem with STMS is the Error code 0208, I see the STMS can't show transport queue, the error was show to you as pricture in below link..

[Picture of STMS Error|http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/krapong/SAP%20Questions/STMS_ERROR.jpg]

Best Regard,

Nattapash C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cant see images properly very small image.

Are you using common transport directory or individual?

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all dont logon with user ID SAPServiceQAS use user id <SID>adm which have same rights.

and dont reset your password of this user.

What is your problem in STMS try to figure out that first.

If you want urgently to transport request then copy data and cofiles from trans directory of Development server and copy to your QAS server IF you are not using common transport directory.

Then got to stms_import transaction and from extra add request and give request number and transport it.

But put here what problems you ar facing in stms?

Add your service ID of each server in your same transport routes systems domain.

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Always use SIDADM to login to system

"my STMS doesn't work well, any requests need to transported in another way"

what is the problem with your STMS ?

Regards

Uday