Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA40 - To make a field in display only mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

Requirement is- In HR module , in transaction pa40 for Transfer action to make the field PA (werks) in display only mode for some group of users (say Dialog users or for some 50-100 users from one table ) and for all other users it should be in input mode.

For that I had done the configuration from SPRO (Removed the check for PA field), so nw for all users it is in input mode. After that I used the exit ZXPADU03 and written a code.

my problem is while looping on SCREEN , I am not getting that cell (PA for Transfer as it is Table Controlles ) to make it in display mode by setting SCREEN-INPUT = 0 .

So please tell me how do I solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Sourabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to use control statement :

CONTROLS: TC_1 TYPE TABLEVIEW USING SCREEN dynpro_number.

so that i can loop at that and set but as it is the standard transaction and i am using user exit (zxpadu03)

it is not allowing me to define this. so i am unable to edit the field of table control.

Still waiting for any suggestion ....

please help.

Regards Sourabh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm weird, cause what is not in screen table aint be displayed as well...

0 Kudos

please check transaction PA40 there different actions r there defined in table control like transfer, promotion, etc , and for all actions PA(personnel area), EG(Employe Group), ESG(Employee Sub group) columns r there,

so for my requirement I need that only PA(personnel area) in front of Trasfer Action should be in display only format.

so from looping on that screen in PBO (user exit ZXPADU03 ) of that modulepool program I am not getting that Cellarea( PA field infront of Transfer Action).

is there any other way to do it .....???

Edited by: Sourabh Jain on Apr 21, 2009 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to use control statement :

CONTROLS: TC_1 TYPE TABLEVIEW USING SCREEN dynpro_number.

so that i can loop at that and set but as it is the standard transaction and i am using user exit (zxpadu03)

it is not allowing me to define this. so i am unable to edit the field of table control.

Still waiting for any suggestion ....

please help.

Regards Sourabh

0 Kudos

Have you tried the Infotype Screen Control option in IMG? ie V_T588M?

~Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi suresh ,

Thanks for reply .

Actually from there I have already setted the check mark (through SPRO).

so nw for all it is in editable mode.

nw I have to make it in display only format for some group of users tats why I am doing it from the userexit. but not getting exactly that hw to do it..... ??

0 Kudos

You can use the Variable Key in V_T588M to control the display for a group of users. There is no need for a programming effort. Your Functional Analyst should be able to handle this.

~Suresh

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.