Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameter - Definition of Password Policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i would know which possibilities exist to define password restrictions for ABAP Netweaver systems. It would be grateful to become some references where I can find information about this subject.

Also it would be great to find out if i can configure SAPGui to hide "Change Password" button or globally forbid password changes from the GUI!

Regards Andy

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i would know which possibilities exist to define password restrictions for ABAP Netweaver systems. It would be grateful to become some references where I can find information about this subject.

Which search terms have you tried so far?

> Also it would be great to find out if i can configure SAPGui to hide "Change Password" button or globally forbid password changes from the GUI!

I suspect you'll need single sign on solutions for that. Using passwords means changing them......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>i would know which possibilities exist to define password restrictions for ABAP Netweaver systems. It would be grateful to become some references where I can find information about this subject.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm

>Also it would be great to find out if i can configure SAPGui to hide "Change Password" button or globally forbid password changes from the GUI!

To disbale password change option globally checkout the status 0020 for program SAPMSYST done in transaction code SE41

or

Set up SSO

Regards

0 Kudos

...please....

do not modify SAPMSYST!

0 Kudos

Bernhard,

Rightly said. I missed adding that in comment

Andy,

SAPMSYST modification is not recommended by SAP but you can try that if you have your own learning system.

Rakesh