cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating entries in Transaction to multiple landscapes by a webdynpro app.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have one querry.

Suppose There are 5 R/3 Systems with Different version from 4.7 to Ecc 6.0.If I create one application in Webdynpro for ABAP say Creation of Invoice ( FB60 ).Is it possible to create Invoices in all 5 instances from One single Webdynpro application.

Offcourse this application will be hosted in EP.

I know my question is quite tricky, but is it possible? You can suggest any other method.

With regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Offcourse this application will be hosted in EP.

Actually not a requirement since the calls to the multiple systems will happen via the backend functionality of the ABAP AS and has nothing to do with the frontend or Web Dynpro ABAP itself.

>Is it possible to create Invoices in all 5 instances from One single Webdynpro application.

Sure, although this functionalty has nothing to do with Web Dynpro. In standard ABAP you can call an RFC (Remote Enabled Function Module), Create an IDOC, or call a Web Service. Any of these technologies could be used to create business documents in multple remote systems. Since you said you have a variety of versions to support, I would probably suggest creating an RFC since that functionality is supported on all currently available R/3 versions.

I suggest that you do some reading on RFC and if you have followup questions; post those to the appropriate forum in SDN.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your Quick reply.I am functional Consultant in PLM.We are working on solution proposal for our client.

The Process is such that a group of People may be around 200 - 300 will be working from central location and will be carrying out transaction in these different landscape.

So i am thinking of solution where there will be portal as front end for all these users and will be doing posting to all landscapes from one single window.Mostly these will be finanace business process such as AR, AP, Cash Bank etc.

Also one query you said

Sure, although this functionalty has nothing to do with Web Dynpro. In standard ABAP you can call an RFC (Remote Enabled Function Module), Create an IDOC, or call a Web Service.

I also want to validate the data from all these systems when a user creates a record eg. when Incoice is created for one landscape for a company code, PO,Vendor etc..So before parking Invoice these master data and PO data should be validated.Now you must be more clear to my query.

If more inputs are required i will surely tell you.Waiting for you answer.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So before parking Invoice these master data and PO data should be validated.Now you must be more clear to my query.

Yes this is possible as well by calling more services (Web Services or RFCs) to perform the validation.

Answers (0)