cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use layout of one view(some part) in another view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need how to use a layout of one view(some part) in another view.if anybody knows, help me.

Ex : I took two views.but some part of layout in first view is also needed in second view.Is it possible.

Thank You,

Anupama.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anupama,

plae all the common part of a view1 into a container and then embed this cotainer into window having view 2.

thanks

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whichever common ui elements you want to put in both views. Keep them in one view.

Now create two views which You want to display.( i.e you have to create three views in that two only will be used for display purpose ) In that both views add viewcontainer ui element and embedd that view which has common UIs. And Then add rest uncommon UIs in both views.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create 2 views.

2. In second view take on View Container UI element.

3. Now Doublw click on On Windows.

4. Under The second view you can see ViewContainer.

5. RightClick on view contanier and Embedd the view which you need to display in the second view.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep Reddy ,

Thanks for ur suggestion.I followed your steps.But whole layout in view 1 is displayed in view2. I don't need the whole layout(Only some part ) of view1.

Thank you,

Anupama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

Place common part of layout in seperate view and use view container elment in view 1 and view 2 .

In window view1 will have view container element embed the common view in that . Repeat the same for View 2 too.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

You can try this way:

In your view1, insert a transparent container and put all the UI elements (which are common to both the view in it.). Now right click on that container and select copy element option. Now go to your view2, right click on the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER and select Insert copied element. Both this will work only if both the views are in the same component.

Regards

Arjun