Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert table MARA -- Help Me Please!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was to experiment if bapi extension works for currency field or not. As such added two fields ( one CURR other CUKY) in a Z-STRUCTURE already appended in MARA table.

After experimenting, I deleted these fields from the Z-Structure and tried activating the Z-structure. It ended up in partial activation of the Z-Structure and an Error message saying

Structure change at field level (convert table MARA)

Now though the fields have been deleted from the structure ZST_MMNEW, The MARA table still has these fields.

What should I do to remove these field from MARA? These fields are blank for all the records in MARA.

Have I done something wrong with the Standard SAP table? Can this be corrected?

Please help

Thanks in advance,

KG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After deleting the fields from the z structure, go to SE14 transaction and click on Activate and Adjust database.

Regards,

Ravi

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the same structure from MARA table and then add the modified structure again.

Regards,

Raju.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After deleting the fields from the z structure, go to SE14 transaction and click on Activate and Adjust database.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi and Thomas,

Please tell me whether these steps will correct the problem

1. go to se14

2. Enter object name as MARA and Click EDIT.

3. Click "Activate and Adjust database" with the Save Data radio button checked.

Is it all? The current records in the table won't be deleted, right?

At present the mara table has 65K records. Will it take more than half hour to run this process?

Kindly confirm,

Thanks in advance,

KG

0 Kudos

Yes, that's how it works. 65K is not much, could be a few minutes or even less. Maybe it even finishes after a few seconds, because you are deleting fields that were added last.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Ravi and Thomas,

Thanks a lot,

Points awarded

Thanks,

Kumar Gaurav.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adjust MARA with tx SE14, keeping the existing table entries.

Depending on the table size this might take some time to finish, afterwards it should be OK.

Thomas