cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPO0041 not deleting old spool requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have ECC 6.0 system running on Oracle / AIX platform , where we could now find many old spool

entries specifically belonging to output device LP01 since month of January 09.

When we checked SAP standard job RSPO0041 it is successfully getting executed with default variant sap&001 but unfortunately its not deleting old spools.

What could be the reason and where can we monitor spools getting deleted or not by job RSPO0041 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is true. But SAP has released a new report for better management of OLD Spools requests.

Please check the SAP Note 130978 which says about the report RSPO1041

Change the job step for job SAP_Reorg_Spool (if you have used the standard name) and try out this.

Please note that you may need to create the Variant for this report. You can create the variant in SE38.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sree,

But my original question remains the same. even if we schedule this new job now where can we monitor spools getting deleted or not by job RSPO0041 or may be by new program RSPO1041?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey you can check through SP01 the no of spool requests in the system

then after the job has run again check the no of requests in the system..you will find the difference

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also refer to Note 41547

It might be of help to you

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit , but my question was instead of manual monitoring is there any logs for RSPO0041 which clearly states ...xyz number of spool requests deleted from date to another date.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you find these logs only in the background job logs

other than that I dont guess you will find it anywhere

Rohit

Answers (0)