Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation Maxdb for mobile client

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

After installing mobile client and maxdb, i want to look at the content of the tables. Therefore i've installed maxdb studio (Version: 7.7.06.09).

I login with user dba, but then during login check, i receive return message 'DBM session are possible'. So no sql sessions are possible. What could be the reason? In config file of mobile client, i see he logs in with this user.

I also tried dbadmin( psw secret), didn't work; control (control), didn't work..

please advise,

regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

If you had checked my article here ("Tips Section" you would already know the passwords:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30c8ec6d-81c3-2b10-e694-c9192df673fa">How to Install/Reinstall SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 Desktop/Laptop Client with MaxDB 7.6</a>

They are just dba for dba and dbm for dbm.

Additionally, you can use dbmcli (Database Manager Command Line Interface) to login to your database for most admin/DBM activities - you should be able to find it in your start menu, under a Max DB name. Here you should use your PC name as server, midb as database and then one of the user/ password combo.

Regards,

Veera

Edit:

Additionally, you can check this place for more info:

http://maxdb.sap.com/documentation/

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Apr 21, 2009 3:32 PM

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Veera,

I have used these passwords. The problem i have is not the login, but the rights these users have. I can login with dba, but only dbm sessions are possible, no sql session which is very strange...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

dba has sql rights too. It is strange. You can additionally check the doc link for MaxDB 7.6 / 7.7 I gave above formore info. I may not be able to check and tell you myself immediately.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

On the dbmcli command prompt, create a new user with DBA authorization and try login with that user.

If you are able to login with that user, probably something wrong with the default DBA user - then it's recommended to reinstall the client as the client will use the default dba user for client persistency.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

May be you should exit the client totally and check. May be there is a lock on the SQL session by the client. You can try a new user with SQL or DBA authorization if exiting the client doesnt work out for the time being. To ensure you are exiting the client, right click the MI client icon in Systems Tray say "Stop". After successful stop, exit the client from the same icon right click context menu.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved...

user is not dba but DBA ( capital case :-s )

anyway, thanks guys for the responses...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes,

But the thing is , the Max DB tools, are supposed to upper case evrything you enter, unless, you enter something within quotes.

Regards,

Veera

pvannest
Participant
0 Kudos

Strange though there exist a dba and DBA user...

i also installed MAXDB before mobile client, and created the two users first...

Does mobile client create the other dba(non-capital) user then with less rigths?

regards