cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two comm channels at the PI outbound side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we use two communication channels at the outbound side.my scenario is to send a file from database system to SAP. I know that we can use JDBC adaptor at the inbound (PI receiving side) and FILE adaptor at outbound (PI sending side). at the same time when we dump the file onto SAP application server , i need to send workflow notification to relavant department agent informing about the file location.

Could anyone tell me how we are going to configur this scenarion.

Regards

Sre.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can have N number of receivers:)....the only thing that you need to take care is you will need corresponding number of Receiver Agreements, entries in the Receiver Determination, Communication channels.

Regarding sending a mail there is a good blog by Michal on the same...just search for it

The required mail-message format has to be downloaded from this place...no other format will work:)

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000361852004E/ximail30_xsd.txt

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your scenario at sender side Database System, using JDBC adapter, receiver side we have File System using File adapter and also WORKFLOW.

Here we need to create 2 communication channel at receiving side. One for File System and Other for Workflow( The adapter for this is depends on how you send message to this system eq: JMS/Mail).

We also need to Receiver agreements as we need to configure each one for each communication channel.

Regards,

Prasanna...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you can send. Just add another reciver in Reciver detrmination and also made one more adapter through which u will send the data.

Workflow notification I think u will send by mail so just add one mail adapter and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the reply,

Can we use mail adaptor to sent emails to Outlook or SAP inbox instead of workflow. as i am using workflow only for simple notifications for eg: when a file is dumped on application server, a notification is sent to relavant agents either to their SAP inbox or outlook informing them about the file and update SAP.

There are no activities or other steps in the workflow.

Regards,

Sre.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sre,

we can send mails using Mail Adapter without using WorkFlow.

the mail with atathcments and without atathcmenmts we can send.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all.

I will try to find out the possible way.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Can we use two communication channels at the outbound side.my scenario is to send a file from database system to SAP. I know that we can use JDBC adaptor at the inbound (PI receiving side) and FILE adaptor at outbound (PI sending side). at the same time when we dump the file onto SAP application server , i need to send workflow notification to relavant department agent informing about the file location.

>

> Could anyone tell me how we are going to configur this scenarion.

>

> Regards

> Sre.

so your scenario is

JDBC -> FILE & WORKFLOW Notification

The answer is yes. you can add as many receivers and its corresponding communication channels.

One question, how do you want to send the WORKFLOW Notification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

thanks for the reply,

I am calling RFC from PI to trigger events in SAP which then trigger the worklow.

is there any other procedure in PI so that we can send mails to SAP inbox or Outlook directly instead of workflow?

Regadrs,

Sre

Former Member
0 Kudos

use mail adapter and give the mail id where u want to send...list of mail id it will send the data