Hi All,

i create a Sales Order with these characteristics:

Header Level:

SOLD TO PARTY: A

Item Level:

Item 10: SHIP TO PARTY B

Item 20: SHIP TO PARTY C

Item 30: SHIP TO PARTY A

I have substituted manually the ship to party of Item 10 and Item 20 in Item Details/Partner tab.

It's all ok, but the field Sales District in Item Details/Sales B tab, is the same of SOLD TO PARTY A, for all three items.

Why it doesn't change automatically when i replace the ship to party of item 10 and item 20?

There is a way to change it automatically?

Best Regards

Alba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alba Battolini,

This Sales District is taken from Customer Master Data XD01/VD01 --> Sales area Data --> Sales. we can maintain only one Sales District, which is reflected from Customer master. Moreover, check whether partner function Sold to party has "Not modifiable" and "Mandatory" Function. which makes it to pick up only from the customer master mandatorily.

I don't think so it is possible you will have to check an alternative route with the help of ABAPER.

Regards

Sathya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales district what it means here is not pertained to the customer. It is from the company point of view, the geographical region or district from which the sale happens. we can maintain this when we need to have some sales statistics.

Hope this answers ur question..give points if u r satisfied.

rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

yes i need this field for statistical use... and for COPA analysis.

My colleagues of CO would like use this characteristic in function of different ship to parties in the order.

If i have a sales order, with ONE sold-to-party and three item-lines with THREE ship-to-parties, the COPA Analysis want to know the three sales district of ship to parties, not the sales district of SOLD TO PARTY.

The problem is that SAP users would like to change, at item level, only the ship to party and not the sales district, too. I would like to know if there is an automatic way to change sales district at item level in function of changing ship to party.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

ALba

former_member208991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alba,

As Sathya said, this looks like standard SAP behaviour. The Sales district depends on who gave the order (sold-to party), and not on organization which is going to receive the goods (ship-to party). In many cases, the ship-to party could be a forwarding agent or a godown of the customer, and in this case, getting the sales district from the ship-to party is meaning less.

Regards

Nikhilesh