cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create shopping cart - Jurisdiction code could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've found several threads here asking about tax jurisdiction code but none of them seem to solve my problem.

When we create shopping carts for our north american back end R/3 system we cannot save them because of an error with the jurisdiction code "Jurisdiction code could not be determined ". Our ship-to address is correctly maintained with the city, country, post code, etc. I have tried maintaining the jurisdiction code on our organisational business partner but this makes no difference. For info, we use Taxware to create the jurisdiction code in the back end.

We looked at applying oss note 436760 but apparently this note is only valid for SAP Basis Component 4.6 and 6.1 but we are on 7.00. Do you think it is necessary for us to implement a BADI?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f4/8b1d40bb37e569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

if this helps you

The tax jurisdiction code is required for all tax calculation procedures in the USA and Canada. You enter this code in the delivery address master record in Enterprise Buyer (log on as an administrator and choose Edit External Addresses).

This information must then be transported to the backend system for tax calculation (either an external system or an SAP system). You enable this by implementing the BAdI BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI, see SAP Note 436760.

regards,nishant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution to my problem. The address being used as the Ship-to must not be flagged as a Standard address. The address must only be flagged as a Ship-to. When you make this change, the Jurisdiction Code error no longer appears.

Hope this helps someone else in future.

Roo

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of SRM are you using? I am very comfortable with the issue you just described in SRM 3.0. However, I am trying to implement SRM 7.0 right now and I can't find the transaction to edit the ship to address so that I can add the jurisdiction code. I am able to see addresses for plants and company codes, etc but not the ship to addresses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update to my last post....In looking at SRM 3.0 I notice that the Tcode for Edit Internal Address is BBPADDRINTC. I entered that into the SAP GUI for SRM 7 and it looks like that equates to the SRM 7 transaction Internal Business Partner: Purchasing Companies...However, when editing or creating a purchasing company, the checkbox for ship to address is not editable, it only allows a standard address.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Thanks for your answer.

One thing I didn't mention previously is that we had this working before and we didn't implement the BADI so I don't think we should need to implement the BADI now. Also, we have configured so that the tax calculation takes place in the back end system. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Roo

Edited by: RootyRoo on Apr 27, 2009 6:22 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing a sinilar problem for our US roll out. Can you let me know how did you resolve your issue.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Sorry but I've not found any solution yet. Please let me know if you find the answer.

Thanks,

Roo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please see my answer to similar concern raised in the thread:

[;

Your question is that initially it was working with Jurisdiction code and now not? Why?

Because, the backend system is either connected to the third party Tax engine such as Taxware, and doing so, some of the addresses (Country, Region, City and Pin Code combination) may have more than one Jurisdiction code, in such cases, SRM gets confused of which code to select, and hence the error.

Use the BAdI and get going!

Thanks for reading!

Ashok Kawa