cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode alignment problem in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Now, I'm facing a problem on barcode alignment error in smartform. I tried to align barcode to center or right by paragraph and it just move a little. Then, I tried another menthod by adding (C) in &xxx& variable and still failed to align it. My intention is to align barcode as same as align normal text. Do you any idea to resolve it? Please advice. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chee Boon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it by creating suitable Paragraph format or character format. None other than it prints Barcode as it is set by SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you can determine that by thinking and or trying.

If your barcode is that wide that it takes, lets say 4cm of space. and you are trying to aling it right to a tab 3.5 CM. it wont work., Or if there is a TAB left of it, and already in this tab there is used more space than we got, you can be sure all the other tabs in same paragraph format wont work correctly.

Hope you got my point here.

This is kinda obvious in this case, but if you happen to use e.G. the fifth or sixth tab in a paragraph format, you may loose overview.

if you happened to resolve your problem then all is fine and nothing more has to be thought abaout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian Kemmer,

Actually, the barcode text showed movement when I aligned it from left to centre and from centre to right. Then, the movement is not really standard as text alignment means movement is smaller when compared to text alignment movement. How can i debug it?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chee Boon

Former Member
0 Kudos

uh i really want to help you but sry cant follow you on the movements^^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian Kemmer,

Are you don't understand what am i trying to say on movement? Am i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheeboon,

In the smartstyle --> Create the paragraph format with the alignment in the center/right include this in the smartform --> select the barcode text and display..

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I tried the method that you mentioned. It works fine for text but not for barcode. Why make it behave like this?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chee Boon

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can align the barcode with paragraph formats as you tried, tho you need to have enough space for paragraphs to work correctly.

And well if you thought (C) would do an alignment center, you are wrong. (C) is a condense and deletes trailing spaces in your output variable. you might want to try (R) which is right alignment, but be told that (R) doesnt work any other or better than making a right alignment via paragraph formats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian Kemmer,

How do i determine that my paragraph format have enough space for doing barcode alignment? However, I did try to change this variable to normal text and the alignment works perfectly. Is there got anything for me take concern in?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chee Boon