cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATERIAL & SHORT TEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

i am facing a issue when we put material code & enter it it will pull data from material master.

but when you just put material code and dont enter it and write any short text it will not take from masters.

i want to restrict this

ply help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

> I strongly recommed you to not to change the field settings for the requirement....Because if you this, then you may face problem in near by future...

> For eg:

> If you wanna do procuement for consumables, then its necessary to use this field...at that time to can > face a problem...

For your requirement, i think you shd take the help of ABAP consultant...

This is because, you can ask the ABAP consultant to make the new field to enter the general text for the normal standard PO and even when you press enter this field will not affect...and don't make the above field as display...

Regards

Priyanka.P

hi Diptasya,

I think for consumable PO ie. with account assignment catagory, we can NB document type and Do use NBF indirectly i suppose....

Make me correct if anything wrong...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Edited by: Priyanka Paltanwale on Apr 21, 2009 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

i think NBF is the standard field selection which we use with document type NB in standard sap process. as per my knowledge it dont have any link with account assignment.

if i am wrong plz make me correct.

regards

jash

Edited by: diptasya jash on Apr 21, 2009 11:06 AM

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks...

Try one thing...

Let the document type be standard only...

Make the PO for the account assignment catagory(which ever you want)...and enter the short text...

enter the necessary things system ask to feed ...

check and save the PO...

It will get saved...

So at this time, let me know what parameters system will take into consideration??? Specailly for Field selection based on document type...

Anything worng, revert back...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

as per my knowledge, the account assignment data that we are entering in the account assignment tab in item details it has nothing to do with the field selection for which we are maintaining the field selection.

we have to do this field selection under maintain account asignment categories.

plz let me know whether i am correct or not.

regards

jash

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very correct...that is what i was expecting from you dear...

Now as you are saying that for account assignment catagory there is no special key provided for field selection and all settings ie. for Activity catagory, item catagory, EFB etc will effect the account assignment settings as well....then when you try to make the Field selection via Document type NB...

Then for account assignment, field like short text will be expected to enter and so can't make the settings for NBF...

Right!!!...

Anyways nice to see a healthy discussion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Priyanka,

thanks to u also.

regards

jash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to SPRO@material management@purchasing@purchase requisition/purchase order@define documnet types@from here select the field selection (NBB/NBF)

now go to SPRO@material management@purchasing@purchase requisition/purchase order@define screen layout at document level@double click on NBB/NBF@double click on Basic data, item@change Short text as Display

regards,

indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

by these there will be issue if want to create PO with short text how can i make this

My main concern is when we put material code that time if i enter any short text it should not accept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this reson i have told u to change the setttings for field selection NBF only. dont change the field settings other than these. if dont do so u wont face any problem for service po or any other po where u have to enter the short text. it will be applicable for only material po if u maintain the settings for NBF.

regards

jash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this u may made the field for short text in display mode. then ur user wont allow to change the short text.

u can do so under menu path:

SPRO > IMG > MATERIAL MANAGEMENT > PURCHASING > PURCHASE ORDER > DEFINE SCREEN LAYOUT AT DOCUMENT LEVEL.

here u maintain the settings for field selection "NBF".

regards

jash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PR/PO field selection , change the filed setting to Display

Regards