Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document text determination from SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Tricky question:

We created a new text type for billing document header (we will call it Z001) .

We can also determine that this text will appear in billing document (SD basics)

But we want to do something tricky:

I want to create a text in SO10 where I will put the expression (For example I'll create text SD_TEXT : "Not for payment".)

I want that the text I created Z001 will know to read the text SD_TEXT, like it knows to bring text from customer master data I want it to bring text that I created in SO10.

Is it possible without ABAP?

If the questions is not properly explained- I will try to clarify.

Thank You,

Jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes please can you elaborate the question .

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need a note to be printed on some invoices and be empty in others (same layout, different billing type)

We can go to the smartform and then say:

If the billing type is ZL2- print "Not for payment".

But,we want to make a flexible solution:

we will create a text at billing header level and we will always print it in the smartform.

Instead writing code "If billing type..print...." in smartform, we want the text appear automaticly by access sequence only for some billing types, and I want this text to come from SO10.

So in smartform we will always print the text, but most of the time it will be empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can read the text from so10,

You need to first maintain the code in the smartform to read the text from SO10, after that there is no code require for this text even if u change it some time later

There is one program where u can release the Text to smartform RSTXTRAN

GOTO Transaction se38 and Give that program RSTXTRAN and execute that program and add the so10 text to the TR

This will not require and code

hope it is clear

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In text determination I can read into the invoice texts from sales order, from customer texts etc.

Can I read into invoice header text a text from so10?

To create a text in SO10 with name SD_TEXT , and than, when I am creating a billing document, this SD_TEXT will appear in the billing document's header text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So10 is mainly used to maintain the standard text for either scripts or smartforms

If u want to read the text for sales order, u need to maintain in text determination procedure.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

text determination procedure can take texsts that someone wrote in another entity in SAP.

I don't want the text be taken from another entity and I don't want the user to write it everytime.

I want to write the text one time in SO10 and I want it to be coppied to invoice header text.

Is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jana,

Yes, it is possible to bring text directly in billing header through SO10.

1.Create Text Object and Text ID using SE75.

2. Create Text Using SO10 with new text ID.

3.Use Transaction VOTXN,create new access sequence,assign new text object and ID.

4.Assign this access seq to text ID in your text procedure for billing.

Hope this will help.

Revert for further clarification.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found how to do it.

I created a text "NOT FOR PAYMENT" in SO10.( SD_TEXT1 type ST)

When creating the appropriate access sequence instead of regular tables KNVV, KNA1, VBBK etc. I chose TEXT in column ID I chose ST (for standart text) and in column Text Name I put the name of the text that I created (SD_TEXT1).

Now, when the billing document is created the sentence "NOT FOR PAYMENT" is automaticly written in header text!!!

Thank You for your help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - One related question. What if the text in SO10 is defined (differently) by sales org. Is there a way to maintain separate versions in SO10 and access according to sales org? Thanks, Rob