cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control the stock provide by customer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

Our company is a processing factory , and some of parts are provided by our customers.

How can I control the stocks in SAP? And if the stock type exist , can I use GR or GI for WO ?

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard process is always take the stock as customer stock. use 501 E movement type to recive with reference to sales order. Then only it can be consumed in production order. If you don't consume then you cannot return the material to vendor after assembling the entire unit. Customer stocks are not valuated under your inventory.

Regards

Antony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply .

I have finished my test.

There is one thing must take care before useing movement type 501E .

The special stock must fill E(Orders on hand ) in item category of the SO , then we can receive customer stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you maintain separate material codes for Customer provided materials? What about the values for those materials, is it used in all calculations during GR/GI or you only need to have stock alone for reconcillation? How are you planning to bring the material into your stock if you are planning to have the customer as vendor by menas of assignment?

Best regards

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You shd make the customer as vendor(make assignment in VMR and Customer master) ...and then take the stock via GR...

Regards

Priyanka.P