SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Generation Billing and Sales Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am in implementation project for Power Generation Company. Here these people are not using IS-Utilities they want billing cycle should happen in SAP R/3 standard billing function.

My 1st question is which material type we should use whether pipeline material type or any other material type when i have used pipeline material type std. pricing is not happing.

How Pricing has to be configure since deriving FPA (Fuel Price Adjustment) looks to be very difficult so please guide me.

Thanks & regards

Srini

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas N,

IF you wants billing to be happen from standard R/3 System, then I feel that you need to use the SD process.

In SD module there is pricing procedure which uses condition technique to determine prices.

in brief SD flow is Sales order -- delivery -- billing (delivery related billing) OR Sales order -- billing (order related billing )

pricing procedure is get determined on the Doc pricing procedure + Customer pricing procedure+ Sales Area.

In the pricing procedure maintain one condition type for FPA.

if you require any more update, let me know.

Regards,

Chetan

0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

What is the pricing procedure is complex and SD billing does not look like a feasible solution. Is generation billing in that case be done by IS-U Billing. The client then wants to roll this implementation to other locations of its generation.

Generation here constitiues - Hydro, thermal, solar

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved through lot of pricing routines

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I have a similar requirement to sell power to electric baord,whiich i have to Map in system.Please tell me the Scenario of this.

Suchender

0 Kudos

I have a similar scenario. I have a customer to be billed for power which is generated. The rate of power remains a constant for x years, and the quantity of billing varies every month. How do we configure this scenario?

Note: No IS is installed.