cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive alert mails when communication channel fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Today there were in the "Communication Channel Monitoring" of the Runtime Workbench some Communication Channels in a "red" status and I would like to know if it is possible to receive per mail any alerts about a failing communication channel?

In SXMB_MONI the error is the following:

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=ECPOPR1.corp GROUP=PRODUCCION_SANTANDER R3NAME=PR1 MSSERV=sapmsPR1 PCS=1 ERROR partner not reached (host ECPOPR1.corp, service sapmsPR1) TIME Mon Apr 20 03:25:16 2009 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r_mt.cpp LINE 8688 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 79 ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. COUNTER 1</SAP:AdditionalText>

Usually, I receive mail alerts when messages failed since I have CCMS configurated but in the CCMS I don´t see any entries for this kind of errors with a Communication Channel...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ko

Former Member
0 Kudos

good blog by Michal:

[url] /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step [url]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can receive Alerts even though you are configured CCBPM. Through Control Step you can throw alerts but only difference between PI7.1 and XI is in 7.1 you can easily create Alert categoy in ESR itself at java stack but in XI you can't create it in Java stack you need to create this ALert category though ALRTCATDEF t code in ABAP Stack even though in 7.1 you created in Java Stack it will be reflecting in ABAP Stack.

Next thing is later you need to Configure ALert Rules in RWB and in ABAP Stack at Alert Category you need to Add your XI SAP ID;s at FIxed Receipients and before adding this Ask your Basis people to link your company mail ID or any mail ID with SAP ID so that you can receive Alerts both in RWB ALert Inbox as well as your Mail Server.

Since the above experts given diff blogs you can easily configure...

I hope u understand the flow....right ?

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to above replies, remember to check whether your alert rule has no restriction. Bcoz for receiving error in CC you need to have at least adpater engine error listed in your alert rules.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You have to set up alert configuration for that... please fiollow the below blog which will help you out.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154]

Thank You,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Alert rule of RWB, select adapter engine failures for your alert category ..then you will get alert mail.

Thanks

Hamja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the container variables for alerts from Adapter engine.

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we can only configure alert for message ..if a message fails we can get alerts...but for communication channel I donnot think because if communication channel fails to process a msg u recive the alert u already no which msg fails and u came to know whcih cc is not working.......because sometime..cc stop processing msg for 5 sec or on first try and then it again process that msg on second try....if u create alert for cc and cc stop working for 5 sec u got an alert and in a meantime it will work again....so there is no use of cc alerts.

Regards

Hemant

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Create Alert catagory using tcode ALRTCATDEF

then create alert rule for your scenario by using RWB --> Alert Configuration.

Then alert mails will be triggered for failing of your CC.

Regards,

Madan Agrawal