cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mrp for phantom assembly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

My main item is a phantom assembly the sales order comes for the phantom assembly only.I have got a multilevel bom for this phantom assembly .The bom of the phantom assembly contains the semifinished item. And the bom of the semifinished item contain raw materials.Now while running MRP I dont want any planned orders to be generated for phantom assembly the system should create planned order for semifinished item and purchase requisition for raw material.How can it be done.

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your business scenario, :

Why did you create the Finished Material as Phantom , If iot phantom how are you going to deliver it to Customer against the sale orders ?

Photom Material means it is virtual material i.e. literally speaking the item does not exists.

Regards

radhak mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Actually the business scenario is like this my client gets sales order for a material no. that is used for marketing only.With this requirement they want to run the mrp but the planned order should come for a material which has a different number that is used for production after producing they want to transfer it to the marketing no material and deliver .

Regards

Sandip Sarkar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Your sales order is for fantom item. Your planning is for item only. Then system will create planned order for that only.

Fantom item does not exist in stock . W/o keeping in stock how you can deliver the product?

Can you please update what is the logic that header material you defined as a fantom?

Regards,

Amit Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please set the Special procurement key in MRP2 view of the material to 50.

Then your independent requirements will go to the BOM levels.

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. find the following link describing about Planning at Phantom assembly level (59)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

This might be useful for your scenario.

Madhava

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Planning Stratgy: [Planning with Planning MAterial without MTO|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a2/4e799a927d11d1800f00c04fadcb73/content.htm]..

It seems relevant to you Business..

Phantom will carry altogether different meening..

How will you handle the Stocks??

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

If your getting sales order for the phantom item, then why r u considering it as phantom. If stock is not available then how u will do the delivery? if put demand for the phantom item system will generate the planned orders. Can u tell why that requirement is there, Phantom for header material or ur product?

regards

ramakant