cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembling components in JDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to understand what exactly happens when we try to assemble a component in JDI.

For e.g., if we have a component X.TESTCOMP which contains 4 DC's A,B,C,D (Where DC's A, B, C are dependent on D).

I create an activity to make modifications in DC A only and check in and import it on Consolidation tab in JDI. I then go to the Assembly tab select the component X.TESTCOMP, and click on 'Assemble component(s)'.

What exactly happens in this case?

Does only the modified DC's .ear file get deployed? for e.g., in this case only A.ear gets deployed?

Does the dependent DC's .ear file also get deployed? Or do all the .ear files in X.TESTCOMP get deployed?

Thank you.

Regards,

Priyanka Parmar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

In the Assemble step, all change requests in the CONS system are assembled as a software

component archive (SCA) which creates the new version of SCA. Then the software component will be in the import queue with the status Waiting for import.

To import the same into Test system, select the Test tab page and then select the software component, choose Import. If the import is successful, the status will be changed to Import finished.

As a result the new version of the software component (not the individual .ear files) is imported successfully into the test system which has been deployed in the test J2EE Engine.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Trying to follow the given guide to import a .SCA into a system for testing:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/63/34e2be209645378a0aaf71ce9710da/content.htm

Here, it says in the Transport Studio of the Change Management Service (CMS).

Do the following:

1. Select the Test tab page. The SC is in the import queue with the status Waiting for import.

2. Select the SC and choose Import. If the import is successful, the status changes to Import finished.

I don't see a Test tab page. Where is it? Can someone take a screen copy of the screen so one can know what these instructions are talking about?

TIA