cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drw attached to material master...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i made a new material and attached the drawing tgo it..

when i am raising a PR for the same material, the drawing is not getting pick...

hope so, it has to pick..............

can u pls guide me where i might go wrong? or this doest work?????

Regards

surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is the basic difference we need to understand first for object links for documents in DMS.

1. We can create object links with Masterdata's like asset master and material master etc.

When we create a PR or PO which is transactional data, this object link will not be copied

2. When we need to create a object link for ceratin DIR (document) for transactional data like PO, PREQ etc, we need to go create PREQ or PR first and then go and create object link in DMS. In this way we can maintain the relationship between PREQ and PO. But this will not flow to user for information, as he need to see PREQ line items separately.

Regards,

Hemant

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi surya

You have created Link to Material Master ( MARA ) for your Document Type eg XYZ.

If you want to Link XYZ to Purchase Requisition Items ( Object EBAN ) Say Material M1, M2

then Select Object EBAN in DC10 for Your Document Type XYZ.

MARA object link is specific to Material. Eg. You will link a Pump Drawing * 10000059* to Material Called P109.

But when Raising PR for Material P109 you will Link Pumps Specifications 10000060 to PR item.

So Pumps Specification is specific to PR.

Note . Pump Drawing * 10000059* and Pumps Specifications 10000060 may be same document Type or Different also.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have created Link to Material Master ( MARA ) for your Document Type eg XYZ.-----YES, done

If you want to Link XYZ to Purchase Requisition Items ( Object EBAN ) Say Material M1, M2

then Select Object EBAN in DC10 for Your Document Type XYZ.------YES, done

MARA object link is specific to Material. Eg. You will link a Pump Drawing * 10000059* to Material Called P109.---YES, done

But when Raising PR for Material P109 you will Link Pumps Specifications 10000060 to PR item.

So Pumps Specification is specific to PR.----- i want the pump drawing to be attached ....(not spec)

but i am not getting the drawing attcahed to PR, as it is in materail master

this is my question.....is it possible??????????

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya

This is not possible in Standard SAP.

This deliberately kept seperate as Pump Specification may change with PR to PR.But Pump Drawing may not change.

Pump Drawing * 10000059* is one time document and Pumps Specifications 10000060 is Specific to PR.

In your case it may be same. But it may also possible that the Purchaser may also order pump with different specification particular to specific requirement.

You can check this thread . Try to explore this functionality.Hope this is usefull for your problem.

*Option of creating a DIR from Asset master not available *

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Procedure what you are following will not work .

You are attching drawing to material master. so object link is between material master & Drawing (documwnt info record). When you will create PR for the same material, you need to attache drawing at item level to this PR. There is provision for this in PR screen.

Regards,

Jagruti