cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacity planning/ automatic rescheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am working on capacity scenario. I have 4 operations in routing. My FG is MPS material with mrp type M1. I have run MD41 and then despatched all 4 operations and converted planned order into prod. order.

After that i have confirmed 1st operation. It took more time than planned. Now what I am expecting is system should reschedule next three operations accordingly. But it is not behaving that way.

What settings are necessary for this requirements?

Please guide me in this aspect

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC, the succeeding operations wouldn't automatically adjust when the planned time of the previous operation changes. Meaning, say if the 1st operation extends, the succeeding operation will not adjust to that later time. You have to adjust them manually using capacity leveling or reschedule them.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use CM31. Input the Order for which you need thr Production dates to be adjusted as per the change in Confirmation dates.

Now system lists the Sequence of operations/ Work center details carried out for that order.

Select the First Operation which is confirmed, with new dates. Press "Dispatch" icon. Now the first opeartion will be dispatched to the new dates which was confirmed. Automatically, all the other remaining operations will be changed to the new dates depending on the confirmed dates.

As this has to done individually in CM31, it is not possible by the system to change the dates if there is any change in the planned Vs actual dates.

Hope this gives you an idea..

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thaila shree

thanks for reply

but as soon as i confirm the 1st operation, it will disappear from planning table.

So it will not be selectable there. Then how to tackle this situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that the operation disappears from the Planning table as i have checked the same at my side.

In the graphical view, you can see the marked red colour processing duration with a Black coloured downward facing arrow (as Confirmation is done for tha same). Select that operation and dispatch the same as mentioned in the previous reply.

Can you get me or revert back by explaining the problem bit clearly..

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thailaa shree

I checked it twice that confirmed operation is disappearing from planning table

as capacity requirements are reduced on confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not the reason that the Work center disappears as the capacity is reduced on confirmation.

Is your Plan and Actual Work center remains the same as in the Production order? By default, system takes only the Work center which was planned initially. If you change that work center during confirmation, the changed work center is not updated in the CM31 screen.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

planned & actual work center is same in production order

while confirmation also i m giving same work center