Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing a Problem while downloading the data from ALV Grid to Excel Sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Iam facing a problem while downloading the data from ALV Grid to excel sheet. This is working fine in Development server , when comes to Quality and Production servers I have this trouble.

I have nearly 11 fields in ALV Grid and out of which one is PO number of length 10 , all the ten numbers are visible in the excel sheet if we download it from development server but when we download it from Quality or Production it is showing only 9 numbers.

Can any one help me out in this case.

7 REPLIES 7

shishupalreddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

When u r downloading the data from Grid to Excel ensure that all the fields of internal tables are of Character type and check the lenth of the fields also .

Regards,

Shishupal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just check whether the alv grid laso showing 9 numbers..

former_member438956
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii lekha,

Try to use the inplace download facility of ALV gird. Download the data in MHTML format and then save into .xls format.

Regards,

Anil N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even we faced similar issue and it worked fine when declarations are changed to character type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Declare an internal table with all the character fields of appropriate length. Get all your data into data table and then use that table in your FM which you are using to download data to excel.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Natasha Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Which FM you are using to download it in excel sheet.

I have done the same thing, using FM 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'. Irrespective of number of fields it gives correct display. You can refer to the below code:

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'
    EXPORTING
      FILENAME = 'C:\status.xls'
      FILETYPE = 'DAT'
    TABLES
      DATA_TAB = IT_maintain.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

if this problems happens dont display the same internal as u finally got.

just create new internal table without calling any standard data elements and domains... but the new internal table s similar like ur final internal table and move all the values to new int table.

for eg.

ur final internal int table for disp,

data : begin of itab occur 0,

matnr like mara-matnr,

end of itab.

create new like this,

data : begin of itab occur 0,

matnr(12) type N,

end of itab.