Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz validate this scenario(IM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts........

I have seen one scenario.....

IM01..IM11....IM22...IM32...CJ20N....ACTIVITY...

TWO LEVELE WBS.....1 LEVEL...INVESTPROGRAMME

2LEVEL....AUC.

I have doubts.

They are not using any costplanning.........why?

Plz give some inputs.....im new to IM

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its not mandatory to carry out cost planning. This is about business decisions and the practices. Cost planning is not necessory to be carried if you want to set the budget. Advantage of cost planning would be- it enables to figure out precise amount for budget also it gives the break up/back up for the budget figures.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....amit.

Thanx for reply.

yes they are using Investment measure.

they are not using ant APP REQ.

how it will copy from existing investment measure .... dear(can u give some mor einputs)

Hi....hemant.

So it is not mandatory to mainatain Costplanning...

Hi..........Ashish,

.actually im totally new to IM ...im not getting idea .....to how to frame questions also?????????

Thanx experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra

The flow will be as follows:

IM01 > IM22 > IMA11 > CJ20N (Activate proj) > IM34 (roll up plan values from AR) > IM32 (transfer Budget from top prog posn to lower nodes) > IM52 (transfer Budget to Invetment measure) > CJ30 (the top level/proj defn will already carry Budget bcos of IM52, you can distribute to lower level WBS).

If you are not using AR, you have to do CJ40 vefore IM34 and follow the rest of the flow. However If you say you are not using AR, how you are associating your Invetment measure (Projects) with program posn ?

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear...

Sarang...........im not having much knowledge on this concept.

They are assigning 1 level WBS....as Investment programme.

2 level.........as AUC

3level....activities.

here it is going

IM01-

IM11-

IM22-

IM32-

IM52-

CJ30-

CJ32-

Im clear about this steps.but

I want to know what type of process this?

Can any one explore this concept?

I HOPE AND EXPECTING INPUTS FROM ALL MY FRIENDS.

Regards

Chandra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You scenario is quire clear, This Process is called as Top Down Distribution of Budget from IM to PS. Project structure is being created from PS. ( Here if you want via using IMA 11 you can create project structure from the IM itself )

As you are not using IM34 so, you have not included Bottom up Cost plannning from PS to IM. ( It is totally depends upon the requirements of client ).

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.Thanx nitin for your reply.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost planning is not mandatory.

If you want to have cost planning, you can do it from PS module (CJR2 or CJ40) then roll up all the planning value to corresponding investment program position via IM34.

Once these planned values are final, you can transfer it into budget values via IMCCP1

Hope it helps 😃

Regards,

-K-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you can budget and approve your investment program, you can collect the plan values from the existing investment measures and appropriation requests. You then use the plan values as the basis for the binding budget.

Refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/ec/72b883d2fc11d296240000e82debf7/content.htm

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur question is not understood properly.

ashis