cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Capitalisation/Asset value Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Standard system taking GRIR Date as Capitalisation date. But we need "Use date" (when asset actually put into use) as Capitalised/ Asset value date. Can any body give inputs how to do this please?

Regards

Dasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating Asset master AS01, i have given Depreciation Start date as per my requirement. It is solved. Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this needs to be posted to the fixed asset forum. moved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Speak to the basis team and get that field of oDep start date to modifiable. This will enable u to change the dep start date and will resolve the issue.

Hope this helps..

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check In AO21 if it is only display?

J

Edited by: Jay on Apr 21, 2009 7:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode AS02

Hope this resolves your query.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear, even in AS02, "Depreciation calculation start date" is in display mode only... and it is taking 1.04.2009 (Asset class, Sub asset, PO, GRIR... all are made to day only). Help me please..

Dasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the setting in the below given path.If the date here is only in display mode then the system is calculating the date on the basis of capitalization date. Make the op dep start as optional here.

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide >Financial Accounting (New) > Asset Accounting > Master Data > Screen Layout > Define Screen Layout for Asset Depreciation Areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ...

FG is 03, Ordinary depreciation is Already in Optional mode only.

Any other solutions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In earlier response i have suggested you to go for AUC when purchasing asstes and then go for capitalization is it feasible for you as per requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Treating the Asset first as AUC and latter transfering as to regular asset - may not be a proper solution.

Concept it self is different...

Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this requirement is primarily for knowing from which date depreciation should start, then you can use "dep start" field in depreciation area tab in asset master.

Hope this helps.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jay,

Can you give T code for this please...

In AS03 it is in display mode... is there any other way to modify the Asset Value date (Dep start date)?

Dasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can initially book the asset in AUC. And when the date of capitalization is clear you can transfer it in the respective asset class. This is a work around . Hope it will help you.