cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation in integrated ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently migrating to ERP2004. Since we were using the ITS in 46C, we will also migrate to the integrated ITS in WAS 6.40.

I have managed to copy nearly everything using Abap SIAC_UPLOAD. However, I can't find any information in how to translate the texts (formerly known as language resource files). I have tried to logon in a different language and run SIAC_UPLOAD again, but then I get an error that the original language of the object is EN.

Any suggestions how to get the translations done?

Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

start SE80, switch to Internet Service and enter the name of your service. When SE80 displays the service just doublclick on the theme. The language resources will be displayed on the right side. The languages are stored in language dependent tables and should be handled for translation as any other language dependent object. As far as I know SE63 is the transaction for translation.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I thought so too, but I can't find the relevant object in SE62 for translation.

Do you know perhaps?

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a very similar problem. I have migrated a IAC that were previously on the standalone ITS server to the internal one.

Previously in the standalone ITS we had language specific mime files (htrc files), where the # variables found their translation.

I understand you can enter parameters on the theme, e.g

b_logon Log on. This works and the variable is shown correctly, however as far as I understand this only allows me to maintain one language.

How do I support multiple languages?

In addition it would be nice to be able to reuse the htrc files, and not copy paste them. We are talking 300 words/variables.

Best regards, Joe

Message was edited by: Joe Haugen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe,

It would be easier if you would open a new thread...

Multiple languages are supported, but it's was very hard to find. Use transaction SE63 Translation->r/3 Enterprise->Short text.

Then S2 partial delivery->TLGS Lockable Logical Objects

In the next screen you have to enter "IARP<name of the its service> and hit F4. You will get a list of 4 entries, one of them will end with '06'. Select this one and have fun...

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I reached the location you specified. But when i am saving my translation the label will turn yellow with an icon in it. ( a combination of hammer & spanner ). Could you please let me know how do i save the translations.

Thanks,

Preetham.

Answers (0)