Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to LSMW.

I did recording for PA30, and created excel file with Per. No., last name, first name, SSN and DOB.

When i was executing last step "Run Batch Input Session", every fields were coming from excel sheet to screen, except SSN field. In addition to that i was getting "Fill in all required entry fields" message at the bottom.

And i had to manually enter SSN for each employee.

Does anyone can tell me why SSN was not coming up automatically from excel sheet like other fields?? Where did i make mistake?

Please help me. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks You!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member342013
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mala

just check whether field names in Source fields are matching wtvr u entered in Excel sheet....

both should be same...otherwise u wil face this problm...

n also check while recording

check steps 10(Display Read Data) and 12(Display Converted Data)

check whether it is taking all the fields.....

let me know if u need further help....

Regards

Smitha

4 REPLIES 4

former_member342013
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mala

just check whether field names in Source fields are matching wtvr u entered in Excel sheet....

both should be same...otherwise u wil face this problm...

n also check while recording

check steps 10(Display Read Data) and 12(Display Converted Data)

check whether it is taking all the fields.....

let me know if u need further help....

Regards

Smitha

former_member438956
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hiii,

chk whether the source structure and input structure are properly mapped. chk steps 10 and 12 to chk whether data is coming properly in the fileds or not. if the data is not coming properly then u have to redesign the structure.

Regards,

Anil N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mala,

Also check step 5 'Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules' , if u have correctly mapped the SSN field of ur source structure to that of ur recording. Check if u have defined the SSN field in ur source structure with appropriate data type.

And then check step 10 if the data is read into ur source stucture, step 12 to see if it is assigned to the recording.

Also check ur input file for the seperators, if they are properly maintained.

Regards

Kalyani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all. Answers were very helpful.