cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Usage info in UAR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In GRC 5.3 SP06 we just started getting Alert Generation job info about transaction usage to work (we had a problem with our clock settings). So now I am trying to run a UAR and look at transaction usage for a user within a particular request. I can see there is transaction usage info in GRC table virsa_cc_actusage for this user. However drilling into the request, the Usage count is still 0. Is there some other followup job I need to run to move these counts off 0?

TIA,

hb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heraleen,

You should run /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK hourly from SM36. This should get the desired data into the report. Also, you may refere to Note Number 1039144 which would be useful to you.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. In reviewing the program and note you mentioned, I think this is for logs specific to Firefighter (SPM), which we will be implementing later this year. So I'll make about scheduling this job when we get there. Currently I am looking for the logs for transaction usage which are supposed to show up in a User Access Review (part of the CUP module). The transaction usage is actually showing up in AC table virsa_cc_actusage, but for some reason not showing up in UAR results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heraleen,

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. As Transaction usage problems we encounter more in FF than in CUP.

The reasons and steps involved in your query are quite a lot. I searched for the same and actually it is a broad configuration which is needed for this to be set up, which probably can't be put down here on the forum.

To start with something like run Offline Risk Analysis from Risk Analysis and Remediation, it has a lots of steps. I would rather suggest you to go thru the AC 5.3 config guide available in the marketplace and follow all the steps one by one which are detailed to a good level under the heading "Initiating User Access Reviews", starting page 174 in the PDF.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Former Member
0 Kudos

For any other poor bloke who runs into this.. I got the answer from SAP today:

This issue looks like a known issue with Transaction Usage not showing the usage when the transaction is from a single role that is part of a composite role. Due to this the transaction usage for composite role in UAR shows zero usage. This issue is fixed as a hot fix over patch SP07. It is called SP07 Patch 01, which has to be applied on the Java. Please look at SAP Note 1168183 for

details on the fix on the Java SP. Also apply SP07 on the backend SBX400along with the SAP Correction Note 1321311 and that should fix this issue. You will then have to rerun the Role Usage Sync in ERM and rerun the UAR jobe in CUP.