cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart TabStrip is MIA (missing in action)!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The shopping cart tabs have all disappeared and I cannot find the control to bring them back!!

Details

When you logon to the SRM portal and go to the Shopping Cart (Employee Self-Services tab) you are shown two icons: Shopping Cart and Advanced Search. Under those two icons is a tab-strip with five tabs: 1) Shopping Carts; 2) Confirmations; 3) Invoices/Credit Memos; 4) Team Carts; and 5) Confirmations for Team Carts. If you right-click on any one of the tabs the context menu that appears has three options: 1) User Settings; 2) Display Quick Help; and 3) More Field Help. Upon clicking on the User Settings option you have two more options: 1) Hide <current> tab or 2) More Settings. Under the More option it brings up the complete tabstrip control window allowing you to add or remove any of the five tabs. However, there is also a link to "Hide Tabstrip Control." If you click this "link" it actually removes all of the tabs and you can no longer access anything.

I have deleted the UserID and recreated the UserID and the tabs remain hidden.

Please help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisGela
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use the normal JAVA personalize cleanup procedure described here:

/people/daniel.wroblewski/blog/2006/06/17/cleaning-up-personalization

SRM shopping cart as everyone has mention is ABAP Webdynpro application.

The personalization is therefore kept on the ABAP backend.

You can get to it using SICF :

sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_user

(I know this thread is old. But I had the same issue, just giving my solution to benefit anyone else that finds this thread)

Kind Regards,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this is a Web Dynpro app? If so, try right clicking somewhere else in the app and you might be able to get the User settings again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael, thanks for your idea. I have tried that but right clicking on all other objects on the same page only shows the IE context menu (see below). I can actually still see varied screen shading (darker blue on a light blue background) where the tab strip was located. But if I click on another link, e.g. Advanced Search, and then right click on one of the fields on the subsequent form I do find a User Settings option. However, upon selecting the the "more" option it opens a new window that looks similar to the one for the tabstrip but it is specific to the field I right-clicked on located on the subsequent Advanced Search form. Each of these right-clicks will allow me to "hide" the button or field that was right-clicked on. I dare not do this as these fields will most definitely be "lost" to me as well. thanks for any help you can offer.

Open

Open in New Window

Save Target As

Print Target

-

Cut

Copy

Copy Shortcut

Paste

-

Add to Favorites

-

Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

With WDJ apps, ctrl-right click comes up with a menu option called "Hidden controls" where I can un-hide things I have hidden. I'm surprised your app doesn't allow this, although WDA might have some different features...

You might want to try previewing the iView as a portal admin and see if there are some other options available.

Good luck!