Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system does not prompt to change the initial passwd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

While trying to login to the SAP system with my initial password, the system does not prompt me to change my initial passwd and lets me in, could anyone let me know how can i change the system to force change the initial passwd.

thank you

Jonu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide more details about "your system".

Typically causes:

- Your user ID is either of type SERVICE for which password changes are not required and they cannot change their own passwords either. So you are "consuming" a service and prior authentication does not have anything to do with the authentication of the SAP system.

- You are logging on from an external client system which is calling RFC's to logon to the SAP system. By default, this only prompts for password change or rejects the logon attempt if you instruct the system to do so.

Please provide more details.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide more details about "your system".

Typically causes:

- Your user ID is either of type SERVICE for which password changes are not required and they cannot change their own passwords either. So you are "consuming" a service and prior authentication does not have anything to do with the authentication of the SAP system.

- You are logging on from an external client system which is calling RFC's to logon to the SAP system. By default, this only prompts for password change or rejects the logon attempt if you instruct the system to do so.

Please provide more details.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you Julius, my ID had been setup as SERVICE, i have asked security to change my ID type

Jonu

0 Kudos

Yes, if it is your ID (or your system...) then you have the right to change it to one which you know, and not shared with an admin, a log file or program...

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 20, 2009 9:30 PM