Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am new to Authorizations ...

can somebody tell me the basics of Structural Authorizations from HR Module point of view ...

i would like to know the steps involved in setting up the structural authorizations from a organization's perspective ....

thanks

hr_user

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Structural authorizations are used to grant access to view information for personnel where HR has been implemented. Access is granted to a user implicitly by the useru2019s position on the organizational plan. Structural authorizations are not integrated into the standard authorization concept and structural authorization profiles are not the same as standard authorization profiles.

The use of structural authorizations can be illustrated by the following example. A manager can typically view or maintain information on employees in her organizational unit but not employees in other organizational units. When an employee moves from one unit to another his previous manager will no longer be able to view or maintain information about them. Similarly if a manager moves from one unit to another she will be able to see the employees in her new unit

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response Prasad ...

can i get the basic settings that we need to perform for this kind of authorization ....

regards

hr_user

Answers (0)