Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option of creating a DIR from Asset master not available

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

I have one document type for which object link is Asset master ( ANLA, Screen no: 225).

In customizing for create document, option selected is Use transaction to create document.

Now When I go to Asset master -> extra -> Document data , there I get option of only attaching the document, not creating the document directly from Asset master.

Any help on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the transaction SPRO

> Cross-Application-Component

> Document Management

> Control Data

> Define screen for object links

maintain the value "1" into the "Authorization"column (Please check this note 1066915.).

Regard

Marco

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Marco,

that worked !!!

Thanks very much. Now I can see create icon on asset master for douments.

One more help, I am not getting option of attaching a doument at sales order header level in tcode va 01/02. (object name VBAK). Can u help me on the same?

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

As per my understanding you must have used Option 2 in Customizing of Object ANLA in DC10 in Create Document Field.

There are Three Options for Input 0,1,3

1. If you select 0 for Document Type DWG , Then when you press Button Create Document You get list of Document Types to which Eg. Object MARA is linked. In This example we Say DRW, DRM,DCG.

In this list you will not see DWG.

2. If you select Option 1 for DWG, Then you will find DWG in the list if you press Button Create Document .

3. If You Select Option 2 for DWG, Then you will find DWG in the list if you press Button Create Document and when you select DWG, it will take you to Transaction CV01N.

These Options allow you to create DIR from an Object with three different Option.Choose any method which suites your clients requirement.

For all three Options you can link Any Document type in Table Linked Document manually.

Hope this tip is usefull to you.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mangesh,

Thanks for sending me the screen shots.

I have selected Option 2 in Customizing of Object ANLA in DC10 in Create Document Field.

Now when we I go to Asset master, there in document data I am not getting option of Creating a document ( Like we get a create icon for WBS element).

I think this create icon is not supported by all objects. Jagruti also explained the same thing.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

Yess You are right. I tried it with PR Line Items. I was not able to see the Icon.But if Create Document option is given for that Object Link, then this Icon should be available.Will check in detail and let you know.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Document creation is possible only with cv01n transaction.

Once its created then only it can be attached to asset master.

Once this document is attached to asset master, it can be viewed from the screen of asset master.

Regards,

Jagruti