Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer uses XI Alert Rules.

I created alert rule for every interface. The difference between every rule is the Sender/Receiver Namespace.

Theoretical failure that is not related to any of the Sender/Receiver Namespaces (my conditions) can occur.

Therefore, I created a general rule which has no conditions.

The problem is when there is a failure in one of the interfaces, two alerts are sent.

The first alert belongs to the relevant rule, which his Sender/Receiver Namespace equal to the interface which has failed.

The second alert belongs to the general rule.

The user has to confirm both of the alerts although they are identical.

Is there a way to configure that general alert will be sent, only when there are no alert rules that are fit ?

Thanks,

Ofir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theoretical failure that is not related to any of the Sender/Receiver Namespaces (my conditions) can occur. Therefore, I created a general rule which has no conditions. - See such type of errors will not be related to your msg processing directly - something like some target system being down or queues getting stuck up - for these things, you can ask your basis guys to configure CCMS in your XI system for getting alerts for such errors..............

So you can remove your general rule and just keep the alert rules you have for your interfaces......so in this way, you will get only one alert for your msg error.........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your experience, what is the best way to deal with this issue ?

Thanks,

Ofir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why to go for general rule.....

Create rule according to ender/Reciver....where it occurs in IE or AD.....And use the varilables ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that if there is a problem in one of the communication channels (network problem for example), the sender and the receiver namespace that are apears in the alert are equals.

For example, if the source is X and the destination is Y, and there is a failure in the destination communication channel, the Destionation Namespace will be Y and also the Source Namespace.

I saw it also in the Runtime Workbench -> Message Display Tool that only one interface is displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you can go for general rule for all of your interfaces and use container variables where in you can configure to get complete details of your error occured itnerface such as interface from name,from namespace,To name,To namespace,so that users will come to know in which interface error has occured.

alert container variables:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

hope this helps.

Thanks

Hamja

Edited by: Hamja Hussain on Apr 22, 2009 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamja,

I am using containers which display information about the interface that failed.

Using one alert rule is problematic, because new alerts will not be sent till the user doesn't confirm the last alert.

When I am using alert rule for each interface, new alerts that aren't related to the last alert will be sent although the last alert wasn't confirmed.

I added "general alert rule" so when a failure occurres two alerts are sent. Alert which related to the relevant interface rule and alert which related to the general rule.

The role of the general rule is to send alert if there is a failure that doesn't have any suit alert rule.

In this way, the user has to confirms the failure twice...

Regards,

Ofir