cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert does not work in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've followed the blog XI: Alerts - Step by Step to setup our alert on our PI 7.1 SP5 server. To test it, I generate an error in interface mapping, however no alert got triggerred (no alert in my alert inbox). I've read that some notes need to be implemented to older PI version. But anybody knows for PI 7.1 SP5, are there notes needed to be implemented for alert configuration?

As for config for CCMS and alert server, they are on the same machine, the RFC connection is set to NONE.

I've run the FM SALERT_CREATE to create alert, the alert can be received in my alert inbox.

Any thought on this?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see by making; Alerts Generic:

Alerts can be Interface specific or generic. To make it interface specific we have to mention the corresponding sender and receiver component details in the alert rule definition

Here we need an alert to be generated every time a message errors out in sxmb_moni. Hence we give the sender and receiver details to be * in alert rule definition and make it generic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prema,

I set * all over in the rule, so any error involving any messages would trigger the alert. Unfortunately it does not work.

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

is the checkbox for Rule Active is checked?

and also uncheck the supress multiple alerts for the rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prema, you made it!

Yes, uncheck this checkbox make alerting work.

Thank you so much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change the communication channel setting from manual to Automatic. This is very important for alerts to be triggered.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krish

what do you mean by change the communication channel setting from manual to Automatic? I've never seen such option in CC. Can you be more specific about what attribute to change? (BTW, I am using soap adapter)

Thansk

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The mode talked by Krish is inside "RWB > Component Monitoring > AdapterEngine > Communication Channel Monitoring" and then you have the column "Control Data" with Manual, Automatic, for instance.

or directly: http://<host>:<port50000>/mdt/channelmonitorservlet

Regards.

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mickael,

yes, my CC is automatic as it's the default. Any more idea?

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem exactly here at my customer side

Start Runtime Workbench

Go to Component monitoring/Display

Goto Adapter Engine

Goto Communication Channel Monitoring....

An empty brower screen will show up BUT,

rather than this if I try to directly: :http://<host>:<port50000>/mdt/channelmonitorservlet" it works,

but as i checked there on error page property it is trying to access the wrong host name which was configured wrongly, so I need to change this host name.

So could you please be so kind and give me step by step how and where can I change the host name

I will be appriciated if I get resuld ASAP

Looking forward for positive reply

Regards

Pradeep Bele