Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSUSREXTID report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read about the report -RSUSREXTID in the sap help (no much data there )for user mapping and i want to now if there is a guide or some can expalin me the flow of this report ?

p.s.

if there another forum that can help me with that issue plz let me now.

Regards

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

So that this thread does not get too confusing and go off topic, perhaps you can explain what you are trying to acheive ? Do you use external ITS ? What mapping requirements do you have ? Please explain and provide as much info as you can, so that we can tell you what report/table you should be using to meet your needs.

Thanks,

Tim

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got to know that inorder to maintain the table USREXTID on the ticket-issuing

application server reports RSUSREXT or RSUSREXTID are used.

Checkout wthr the following link is useful to you -> [click|https://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7e89032-0a01-0010-a397-926f70359db3]

Regards

0 Kudos

HI ,

What is the purpose of this report ?

I now that it used for user mapping but that it .

Thanks

Micheal

0 Kudos

According to comments in the coding it is obsolete, but not deleted because some customers might still have it scheduled in jobs.

I guess it is best to avoid it and rather stick to the SM30 maintenance view for the table => VUSREXTID

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example if you want to integrate your SAP into SSO (Single -Sign -On) in that case it does not use the SAP- Standard authentication you need to authenticate the SAP users using external methods(non -SAP). Report RSUSREXTID is used to map the external User IDs to map with the SAP user IDs.

The mapping data is stored in the table USREXTID.

Check the link below. Its a good document to understand the authentication process

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/bd2c3a11f3bf31e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Rakesh

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

I am not sure about the report, but I know that the table is used when some external code (e.g. External ITS) is calling a SAP RFC to issue an SSO2 ticket, and the mapping info in the table is referenced to know which SAP user to create the SSO2 ticket for.

I also understnad that this report/table is only used/supported when SAP WebAS 6.40 is used, since later versions (e.g. NetWeaver 2004/2004s) do not support External ITS.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

How are you?

This is not completely correct. VUSREXTID is used by all versions of ITS (6.10 and later) to map the external user id (for example the subject from an X.509 certificate) to a SAP username.

Regards,

S

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sietze,

I am well thanks. I hope you are also ?

I didn't mention version of ITS. In fact, I mentioned the WebAS version, since versions of WebAS > 6.40 (NetWeaver 2004) do not support External ITS connections, so VUSREXTID table is not used in versions of NetWeaver greater than WebAS 6.40.

I am sorry if I was not clear before. Thanks for highlighting the issue.

Thanks,

Tim

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

So that this thread does not get too confusing and go off topic, perhaps you can explain what you are trying to acheive ? Do you use external ITS ? What mapping requirements do you have ? Please explain and provide as much info as you can, so that we can tell you what report/table you should be using to meet your needs.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tim,

Thanks for your Replay's

What i want is to do user mapping between windows user id to the backend user id ,

assume there is windows user I012345 and backend user like MICR how i can do that i find the report that i mentioned above but that's it.

There is another way ?

Best Regards

Michael

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

The mapping table used depends on which method of authentication is used. if you are looking to map Windows user account name+domain onto a SAP user id then this is normally done using SNC authentication with Kerberos enabled GSS-API library, and then USRACL table is used for mapping. The USRACL table is maintained using su01 t-code in SAP.

If you need help with SNC/Kerberos, then there are many places in this forum where this is discussed. I have contributed to many of them. Alternatively, you can look in EcoHub (tab at top of this page) and search for snc keyword to find products which can help.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Tim