Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Application Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

One user requested me to assign Web Application Designer.

which profile i need to assigned to him?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Please see SAP note 845673 which has some more information regarding WAD access. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Vinaya

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have BW 3.5 in our organization. As far as i know there is no separate profile/authorizations for WAD. If the user has access to BEX, then they will have access to WAD as well.

Please check SAP note 605417 which gives some more information on this.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad

There is no specific role for WAD,once if u have Bex access you will automatically have the WAD.

But the user needs to have Internet access to execute the queries. or Bex server needs to be connected to the correct Web server to execute the queries.

Hope you can check with Basis Whether to u got the connection or not

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

My user is having Bex access. but still he is not able to access WAD. I have checked with reference user, he is having sap_all and sap_new profiles. Reference user is able to access WAD. But i cant give for everyone sap_all and sap_new accesses.

so please suggest me suitable object.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

> My user is having Bex access. but still he is not able to access WAD. I have checked with reference user, he is having sap_all and sap_new profiles. Reference user is able to access WAD. But i cant give for everyone sap_all and sap_new accesses.

Yes don't assigned sap_all & sap_new to the user .Its a bad practice.

Ask the user that which are the main transaction which he going to use.According to his information search the role by running Tcode SUIM.Again search role by writing web .Also you can create a new role for this particuler user.In this role assign him the tcode which he want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the error maybe because of insufficient authorizations for S_RFC.

You can turn on the trace for the user who is able to access WAD and see that similar authorizations are there with the other user.

Otherwise please check if SAP Note 605417 is implemented in which case you will need the object S_RS_TOOLS in the users profile with correct field values.

Regards,

Vinaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafikul

There is no t-code to access WAD and its accessed similar to how BEX is done on the local machine. This is in BW 3.5.

in the latest version, i think there are some authorization objects enabled for WAD access. I think the best approach to identify them would be to turn on the trace.

Thanks,

Vinaya

0 Kudos

Hi Vinaya,

Agree with you.This is one of the possible solution for the above mention concern.If you know the exact tcodes then create a new role for that particuler user,this is another solution.If some user which has same authorization ,then make a copy of that user ,this is another solution for the above concern.SAP has so many solution for a particuler concern(not in every case but most of them)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Please see SAP note 845673 which has some more information regarding WAD access. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Vinaya