cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning display order to prompts designed in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way assigning display order to prompts designed in universe?

Currently I have achieved it though appending numeric numbers like 1, 2...at the begining of the prompt text. But when I added a new prompt it is coming in between of the existing prompts where as I have already added a numeric value to it.

For ex: I have following 4 existing prompts.

1. Select Granularity

2. Enter Data/Time

3. Select Network View

4. Select BSC Name

The new prompt I have designed as 5. Select Time Zone Offset. Now this prompt is coming in between 3. Select Network View and 4. Select BSC Name prompt.

I am surprised with this behavior. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks,

Sus.

Edited by: SUS_India on Apr 20, 2009 4:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a similar issue. I have created 2 prompts at universe level

1)start date

2)End date

Report is prompting in the correct order as I gave number as prefix, but when I view the webi report on the left hand side under "User Prompt input" its displayin End date first and then Start Date.

Can you please help me to resolve this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lalita,

I guess you are using @prompt syntax.

Did you tried: - "user:1" in the @prompt?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes I am using @prompt and I tried user:0, user:1 but still end date is getting displayed first in the user prompt input window on the left side of webi report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lalita,

Can you please attach a screenshot for the issue you are talking about?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In WEBI goto EDIT QUERY on the lefthand side of the QUERY Panel you will get 2 TABs

DATA and PROPERTIES

In properties TAB you have prompt order over there you can define the order.

Regards

SATYANARAYAN SANGEM

PPaolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the 'user:xx' syntax is reserved for WebI. It is not a supported syntax in the Universe (it is not a bug, there are some situations where fixing the order in the Universe could make some queries not possible and the goal of the query panel is to allow any query to run).

The correct way to define the prompt order is as described in the last post by Satyanarayan.

Regards

PPaolo

Edited by: Pierpaolo Vezzosi on Apr 21, 2009 9:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this feature of "Prompt Order" in Webi reports, but it works for the prompts designed in the reports, not for the ones which are designed in the universe.

In my case all the prompts are designed in the universe, so can not use this feature.

-Sus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is the case then "Prompt Order works as per the user:xx parameter in @prompt". As user:xx is reserved for Webi only, we can not use it in the universe while designing the prompts and can not achieve the prompt display order.

That's why I have appended the Numeric numbers in the prompts message to achieve the order, but the behavior is different in some cases.

For Ex:

@Prompt('1. Select granularity','A',{'Weekly','Daily','Hourly'},mono,constrained,persistent)

@Prompt('2. Enter date/time(mm/dd/yyyy hh24:mi:ss)','D',,mono,free,persistent)

@prompt('3. Select Network View','A','Radio Error\NV Names Path',Mono,constrained,Persistent)

@Prompt('4. Select BSC Name','A','RE BSC Dim\Ref BSC Name',mono,constrained,persistent)

@Prompt('Select Time Zone Offset','A','Time Shift\Time Zone Offset',mono,constrained,persistent)

I expect that the 'Select Time Zone Offset' prompt should come at the end as numeric values have higher priority. But I am getting this in between '3. Select Network View' and '4. Select BSC Name'.

I don't know why:(

Even I tried the 'Select Time Zone Offset' prompt message by appending a number like ''5. Select Time Zone Offset'. Then also it is getiing displayed in between 3rd and 4th prompt.

-Sus.

Edited by: SUS_India on Apr 21, 2009 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sus,

The last parameter in the @prompt command is user:# where # is the order of the prompts. This will control the order of the prompts coming from the universe. It does not control the order of prompts created in the report.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I am getting the parsing error "Invalid universe definition" in the universe while giving the last parameter.

Following is the code snippet:

@Prompt('1. Select granularity','A',{'Weekly','Daily','Hourly'},mono,constrained,persistent,,user:1)

I think it is a known issue with the universe.

Is there any other way to assign the display order?

Thanks,

Sus.