0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to run the following sequence:

TCode RE80

Select Information System

Select BE

Give search parameters

Execute.

Once done the report is flashed in the chosen layout. In the layout we are trying to add a field which will supply the Short Description of the 'ward' in which the BE lies. However we are not finding any such field which will populate this value. There is one filed which just supplies the 'ward code', but not the short description that has been mapped against the ward code.

My question is, will it be a possibility that this filed can also be added to the layout (or to any other layout)? I have alreay tried all the options possible under "Choose layout" and "Change layout" under Settings.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add additional fields to this report by using a BAdI.

BAdI BADI_REIS_LIST provides a solution to extend RE-FX reporting

with the fields you want to be displayed. (with a little bit program code)

You can find further information in the online documentation of the BAdI and use

the example implementation as a template for your own implementation.

transaction SE18

BAdI: BADI_REIS_LIST

I hope this helps you further.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

Many thanks for the kind response. Just a small query. My client has introduced a couple of their own custom fields (wards etc) in the Master Data screen for BE. The dictionary for wards is maintained in two columns. The First column shows the ward 'fixed value' (which is four digit unique code for each ward) and the second column shows the 'short description' of the ward. When they are running the report as mentioned before, the report shows the ward 'fixed vaue' but not the ward short description. Naturally, for the users the ward code gives little meaning. They want to see the ward short description.

As already mentioned, I have searched using the change layout / choose layout but i could not see the field for 'short description' for wards so that i can select it.

Under this situation, will implementing the BADi help?

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

We have been able to create an additional field for the ward description and our ABAPer has been able to place it successfully in the report. Thank you very much for suggesting the BADI name without qwhich we could not have been able to proceed further.

You may please close this ticket now.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Answers (0)