cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Balance migration via AS91

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have current doing a migration of asset balance from legacy system to the new system.

One scenario I have is to transfer an asset which was created in-year and its transaction:

1) acquire assets -> retire assets -> Reverse retirement

Using online transaction, the transaction will look something like this (below)

transaction amount

100(acquire) 100

250(retire) -100 <-- negative 100

250(reverse) 100 <-- positive 100

However, using AS91 transaction screen, for transaction 250, i can only enter negative values.

How can I enter a positive 100 for transaction 250 in such cases (reversal of retirement)

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is me not clear what you want (what is the old and new system). There are 2 steps for doing an upload in SAP:

AS91 Upload assets. (this don't created values in FI)

OASV Upload asset balances

In AS91 you fill in the aquasition value and the depreciation value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Okay, example for 'Asset A' in old system

Fiscal year start: 01.04.2009

Acquired in-year: 10.04.2009 for 100dollars

Retired in-year: 11.04.2009

Reversed retirement 12.04.2009

In the asset explorer, it will show as

transaction type | Amount posted

100 | 100

250 | -100

250 | 100

The requirement is to bring over these values + transaction history over to the new system

I am using AS91 for this migration. but because this is an in-year migration, the acquisiton value field and acm depreciation field is greyed out, therefore i have to make use of the transaction screen.

However, in the transaction screen, for transaction type 250, i cannot populate a positive 100 because the system will negate it automatically.

It will look something like this in the new system using AS91

transaction type | Amount posted

100 | 100

250 | -100

250 | -100 <--- System auto negate this if i put 100

How can I have a positive 100 for such an situation?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When these are exeptions wy you don't use then for these asset(s) the normal SAP transactions.

The screen transaction screen is not an easy screen for upload programs (LSMW) with all the possible different screens, number off line's (reactions) behind the transaction type's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We are using AS91 for asset balance because we have another program which will handle the updating of the GL side so they will not double post.

Is the scenario not possible via AS91 (to enter +ve amount for transaction 250)?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could able to transfer prior year assets, current year assets and Current year transaction activities. I have requirement that business people want to enter Prop.cum.ord.dep and Prop.cum.S.dep. in proposal values screen.

I would like to know is there any possible to transfer these values from legacy to New SAP? If so, How do we transfer? Can we use LSMW?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

another program which will handle the updating of the GL side so they will not double post.

How this program can post on an asset account? it is a reconciliation account and it is not possible to post direct on these asset balance sheet account, like debtors, creditors items.

For this you need the transaction OASV