Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen exit for MM01/MM02/MM03

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of object i need to have a extra menu item in MM02 or MM03 screen. Since there is no menu exit or Badi enhancement for this screen, I planned to have a pushbutton in a subscreen but i found there is no screen exit also, But i heared we can do this by doing something in Material master configuration for screen sequences.

( SPRO->SAP Refernce IMG->Logistics general->Material master->configuring the material master-> Here's how(Quick guide using an example) ) In this link i found some documentation procedure to have a push button in MM screen. But i couldnot able to implement it.

Anybody please give me some step by step guidelines to proceed further to have a push button in a seperate subscreen in material master screen.

Here's what i did to implement this but i donno where i made the mistake.

1. I have copied the function group MGD1 into my Z_MGD1 with out copying the function module INIT_MGD1

2. I have deleted all screens from the function group except 0001, 0002 and 2301 and in 0001 screen i have placed a pushbutton (which is what i need to place in MM01/02/03 screen)

3. I followed this procedure SPRO->SAP Refernce IMG->Logistics general->Material master->configuring the material master->Define structure of data screens for each screen sequence. then i have selected 01. std. industry sequence ->double clicked on data screens-> selected basic data -> double click on subscreens, here i found there are 20 subscreen for this screen sequence.

4. I have changed the 20 subscreen with my function pool program i.e saplz_mgd1. I have selected this line item and double clicked on view subscreen, i have found the pushbutton here.

But my problem is i couldnot able to see it in MM01/2/3 screen, Please anybody guide me to proceed further. Please let me know with step by step procedure. Points will be awarded for the needful answers.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You are almost there in implementing the Solution. But you should be using Screen sequences 21 instead of 01. (01 is for old transaction screen without enjoy controls).

It will surely work.

Regards,

Nagaraju Chidurupalli.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You are almost there in implementing the Solution. But you should be using Screen sequences 21 instead of 01. (01 is for old transaction screen without enjoy controls).

It will surely work.

Regards,

Nagaraju Chidurupalli.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply with some useful information. I solved it and working fine. I rewarded points for ur tips.

Thanks again,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have followed the detailed guide made by Rajesh 

But a few questions appear.

1) No problem – it is done.

2) I keep the screen 0001, 0002 and 8020.

3) Here I do the same, but I use Screen sequences 21, as Nagaraju advised. Here I have 10 lines. When I press “New entry” the message “mark one line”, when I mark one line and press “New entry” nothing happens. Then I try to mark a line, and press the copy icon, and the message is “The selected function is not supported”.

4) What are you doing in point no. 4 – can you be more detailed?

And finally where and how do you create your pushbutton?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir i search for the enhancement concept then finally in sdn.sap forums i got one description given by u and its very nice but i m not able to solve my problem according to it .So i want to discuss with u directly ,plz help me out.

Sir we have client requirement to create extra tab in MM01 and provide some extra fields in that tab so that data upload to these fields it get also store in database.

Actual requirement is of thirteen tabs and this thirteen tabs contains some similar fields and some different fields.

We are thinking to create a single extra tab in MM01 along with standard tabs of MM01 and when u click on it displays one screen in which the thirteen tabs are there and when u click on any tab the corresponding fields r displayed according to it and when we give the data to these fields it stores in the database.

Sir plz give me urs co-operation to complete this task means either we are going to right direction or our thinking is totally wrong and it can't be done like this.

So Sir suggest us the right method to solve this problem and also give us the step by step procedure for one tab creation so that after understanding it we can create other tabs too.

Still we know the concept of screen exits and CMOD.

But to approach this concept with the help of BADI then we are nill in it ,so with BADI also explains the method.

Reply for this and i will be very grateful to u.

THanx a lot .

Yours younger brother in Sap Learning

Manish Garg.