Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass report and function module comparison via RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to compare all Z-objects (reports and function modules) between development and production system. I know SE39 and similar features to compare one report or function module between two systems via RFC, but I need the same functionality for a range of objects (i.e. all Z* objects).

Is there any SAP standard tool for that?

Kind regards, Matthias

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matthias ,

"By using the FM "RFC_READ_TABLE" you can read the Table entires from remote system.

so first read the Z* program from PRD system by passing Z* to table TRDIR(all reports stored in table)
TFDIR(all FM stored in table)--By passing Z* to -----OPTIONS STRUCTURE  in 'RFC_READ TABLE'

and compare the two tables..

Regards,

Prabhudas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The last few times this was asked here, there were no satisfying answers. I guess there is nothing like this in the standard. You would need to program your own solution or buy a third-party tool, if available at all.

Thomas

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't find any other tool available in sap for range of objects except SE39 and version management "remote compare"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have solved this issue by myself now. For the records: I have written a small RFC function module that uses the ABAP instruction "READ REPORT" for a given ABAP object name. In the main program I loop at all Z* objects from table "reposrc" and call this RFC function module then.

Kind regards, Matthias