cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the route of a package

Former Member
0 Kudos

I an an ABAP programmer, but I am having a problem that our Basis guy can not figure out. Whenever I make changes to an object that is in the SAP package, it prompts me for a local change request only. Our SAP package layer is not configured to be transportable. Our system has been running for about 6 months and our Basis person told me that we mostly use the defaults for package routing. But something is obviously wrong. The SAP package layer seems like it needs to be transportable. There are many things assigned to this package that need to be transported.

So my question is, exactly how do I change the routing for this package? (what transactions, menu options, etc.) I am not a basis person so I am unfamiliar with the options.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to what Paul has already explained,

if the transport route is not properly configured, then the objects with the concerned package would prompt you local change request.

Whenever I make changes to an object that is in the SAP package

If you're modifying SAP objects in its namespace (objects starting without Y/Z would be SAP object and use transport layer SAP in STMS) it should be transportable by default (if your DEV system is connected to a consolidation system QAS in STMS route)

If you're modifying the custom object (name starting with y/z), then make sure you've the correct transport layer attached to the package. This is generally done while package is created. For existing package you can change the assignment of package to transport layer in SE21. the transport layer which you give here will follow the path in STMS. so it must be existing in your STMS route.

check the ZDEV & SAP layer, which should be existing in your system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2e/709536ef9b11d184850000e8a57770/frameset.htm

For a overview on transport layer/route, you should have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2e/709536ef9b11d184850000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to both Paul and Debasis,

OK, This is what I have:

When looking at STMS -> Overview -> Transport Routes, I have 3 transport layers defined (SAP, ZDEV, and ZPRD. I've tried to click on these to see if I can get some more info on them, but that doesn't show me much.

Now under Transport Layers I have Transport Groups and under that I have Transport Routes.

Under Transport Routes, I have two items (DEV and QAS). Under DEV I have ZDEV and under QAS I have ZPRD. Under ZDEV I have my dev target group and under ZPRD, I have my PRD target group. I do not have any information on the SAP layer.

So if the spacing will show when I submit this, it should look like this:

Transport layers

- SAP

- ZDEV

- ZPRD

Target Groups

- GR_DEV

- GR_PRD

Transport Routes

- DEV

-

ZDEV

-

GR_DEV

-QAS

-

ZPRD

-

GR_PRD

How do I canfigure the SAP layer to look like the ZDEV layer?

Thanks.

p.s. When I click on Edit -> Transport Route, the option to create is grayed out. I have "SAP ALL" rights in DEV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To configure/edit the transport routes, you should login into Domain controller system and in client 000.

thanks

Bhudev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul and Dubasis,

I don't know the details, but I sent your information to our basis guy and he was able to resolve the problem.

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There are multiple ways to change the transport layer for a package. You could use SM30 to maintain settings in table TDEVC for the package in question but changing the transport layer for SAP packages may not be the best approach. You are correct in your opinion that the SAP layer should be transportable. In transaction STMS, there should be two transport layers defined at the minimum, one for customer developments, such as ZDEV, and the second which would be SAP. Your BASIS person can add these settings in transaction STMS under Overview -> Transport routes.

Hope this helps.