cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchornize the factory ECC - APO calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Need to know how to synchronize the ECC u2013APO factory calendar using RSA1 transaction under the source system? If any one could explain in details would be appreciated.

Regards

KRN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, these are the steps:

Go to transaction RSA1 in APO. Click on Source Systems. Right click on the R/3 environment. Select the option to transfer global settings. Select the factory calendar and rebuild tables options. Click on execute. This should transfer the calendars.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

I created the sources system "ECC Client xxx" using the transation RSA1 under source system=>SAP.

Now as you have suggest I have selected the Transfer global setting" I have selected the factory calendar and simulation mode to check what table will be affected. I can see list of tables will be affected if I use the rebuild option. Before running this option I want to know what is the impact if I use the rebuild option.

Also I need to know is it mandatory to synchronize the ECC and APO factory calendar. Is it only required if we have customized factory calendars in ECC for which APO should have same calendar to avoid any conflicts in APO. Can you please give more inputs on the any impact on listed tables if I use rebuild option.

Regards

KRN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, rebuilding the tables sounds dramatic, but I've never encountered any problems. In our system it takes seconds and you can see via SCAL in both systems that the calendars are identical.

It's a good idea to keep the calendars in the two systems aligned.

There are number of calendars (or more precisely time-streams) in APO and they're based on the factory calendar.

Your factory calendar is determining working days (it includes your holiday calendar) so production plans created in APO, if the calendars weren't in 'sync' could be based on a seven day week whereas the execution system could be a five day calendar.

Your factory calendar is used to set the calendar for resources. Again you have to think about what calendar the resource works when planning.

Timestreams for production (for instance the number of days per week the product view will work to), storage, shipping, transportation, and ATP checking horizons are based on the factory calendars.

Bottom-line is this. You want your plans to best reflect the capability of your execution systems. Delivering a schedule which has folk working bank holidays undermines the value and confidence in the planning system. You can often account for these in other ways, for instance, resource downtimes, but why not let the system do the job for you.

Good luck,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Thank you for your valuable answer.

I have one more question about synchronization. How often I have to run rebuild factory calendar?

Initially I run the rebuild table option and for future changes should I use the same rebuild or update tables option to sychronize.

Is it advisable to set up a batch job to synchronize the calendars, using the program (RSIMPCUST) and creating variant selecting the rebuild option. Do let me know what option should I select for any future changes in calendars (Update tables /Rebuild tables).

Regards

KRN

Edited by: KRN on Apr 22, 2009 3:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

KRN, yes it's always rebuild tables.

As for how often I think you have to gauge that yourself. How often do you change factory calendars in R/3? To be useful you should perhaps set a five year calendar and not be changing that too much.

I think we align our calendars once every six months (at a release).

You could proceduralise the configuration of factory calendars and include a refresh in APO whenever the calendar is changed.

Little point in a batch job I think.

Chris

Answers (0)