cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 7.0 DC in 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted some pointers regarding usage of a DC created using 7.0 in nwds 7.1. I created a new DC in 7.1 and pasted the src file in 7.0 (not sure though if that is the correct procedure). The component controller in the DC in 7.1 comes as grayed out. I was able to use its public part which i created in other DCs. But after transport to Test system i got errors in this DC and the using DCs as implicitly stopped.

Please provide any pointers for the above case and also if there is a proper suggested way to use the 7.0 DC in 7.1.

Thanks,

Priyanka.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

The component model has changed in CE 7.1 release. You will need to migrate your existing Web Dynpro 7.0 component to the new component model utilizing the Web Dynpro component migration tool (Cheet Sheet)

Refer blog /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/09/28/teched-07-ce206--migrating-web-dynpro-java-applications-from-sap-netweaver-70-to-ce-71

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99... (detailed ppt)

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

U need to migrate old Web Dynpro components created in NetWeaver Developer Studio 04/04s to the new New York component.

Select the context menu function u201CMigrateu2026u201D in the context menu of the component u201CXXXCompu201D contained in the project.A cheat sheet u201CMigrate Component u2026u201D will open.

Follow the step in migartion(in cheat sheet) starting from 'Step Introduction' where u begin the migration using u201CClick to beginu201D till the migration completes.

After Migartion finishes successfully, the grayed component turns yellow and can be used in the NY release.

Hope this helps u.

Thanks n Regards,

Archana