Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provider for OLD DB Not available

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed IDM 7.1 with Oracle 10.2 as DB. I have installed the identity center, runtime components and all necessary libraries and drivers. Now, While creating a new identity center configuration in Management console, for the first connection string I selected the "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" in datalink properties wizard, as mentioned in the installation document. But, i get the following error message on clicking 'Next'.

" Provider is no longer available. Ensure that the provider is installed properly ".

Please help me if you know where to check the provider?

Note: The installation is on 64 bit windows server 2003 OS.

Regards,

Vijay.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Check the install notes on installing / configuring 64 bit oracle. I think you might need the 32 bit client installed as well.

Matt

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply.

I dowloaded Oracle 10.2 instant client for win-32 from oracle.com and extracted its contents to a folder and made it's location in the path.

But, the problem remains the same. Is there ay other way of installing oracle client?

Regards,

Vijay.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You'll need to set up connection strings using odbc/jdbc and make sure that the 32 bit drivers are in the CLASSPATH.

Matt

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

The problem is resolved. I downloaded Oracle client 10.2.0.1 from oracle.com and installed. During installation, Oracle provider for OLEDB is checked.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vijay.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you run the 64bit Oracle Serve rand the 32bit Oracle Client on the same machine?

How did you manage to get this running?

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, i installed 64bit Oracle Serve rand the 32bit Oracle Client on the same machine(64-bit). I didn't face any major problem.

Initially i faced few problems related to the environment variable, ORACLE_HOME. To avoid this, i installed oracle client using a different user where ORACLE_HOME environment variable is not set.

Regards,

Vijay.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We have installed the client. But it is just to put the odbc file in a specific location. How exactly are you able to fix the OLE DB not available issue solved? During installation we did selected Oracle OLE DB but it is not visible now.

Please give some inputs to solve this error.

Thank you.

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

I installed oracle 32-bit client, meaning, I ran the client installation(similar to oracle server installation) through oracle universal installer. During that installation, I choosed 'Custom Type' and selected OLE DB provider option.

I downloaded the oracle 32-bit client installables from Oracle.com. (I didn't use the oracle client files from SAP SMP).

Have you done these things and still face any problem? If that's the case, i recommend you to raise OSS.

I didn't do anything more than this to resolve 'OLEDB provider NOT available" issue.

Regards,

Vijay.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We need oracle client for x64 server. Can you share the URL where we can download the client for oracle 10 g for x64 servers?.

Also do you need oracle metalink login details to download this? .If so how did you got the details.

Thank you.

Regards

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Open cmd.exe and type "set ora"

Does ORACLE_HOME point to your 64bit Server dir?

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

I guess you have misunderstood with the problem and solution.

Problem:

In a 64-bit Windows server machine, Oracle (64-bit) server and Identity center(management console and Runtime components) are installed, but during creation of connection string, "Oracle provider is not available" message is received

Solution:

Install a 32-bit oracle client in that machine because identity center requires only a 32-bit oracle client with OLEDB provider (irrespective of whether the machine is 32-bit or 64-bit).

If your problem is something different, create a new thread. If not, you don't have to look for 64-bit oracle client. 32-bit oracle client can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201winsoft.html

Yes, you will require some logon, for which simple self-registration is sufficient.

Regards,

Vijay.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the help.

Did you downloaded the below file ?

Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0)

10201_client_win32.zip (475,090,051 bytes) (cksum - 946434250)

Also how did you installed that ? You extracted the zip file and using the oracle universal installer you selected the downloaded file and selected client and ole db ?. Please give the exact steps and exact options you have done.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards

Sahad

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

Yes, it's the same file as you have mentioned. If you unzip it, you will find a set up file inside it, which will open Universal installer(specific to client installation). Run that setup file, Choose custom installation, select Oracle provider for OLEDB and finish.

It might ask for resetting ORACLE_HOME and if so, allow it.

Then open Identity center and create connection string. The provider error message should not appear and take you through...

Regards,

Vijay.K

Answers (0)