Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SQ01 quick viewer

Hi,

what is the purpose of Quick viewer in SQ01 ?

Regards

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

BY using the Txn SQ01 , we can create query to get an information from any database table which holds the data related to masters and also transactions. Queries created using SQ01 can be accessed globally i. e. across mulitple clients in a single environment.

But if you wish to have client specific Qury that is also possible using the Trxn SQVI this will be available in the client it is created and only for the user it is created.

Purpose and activities are same in bothe the case. These are generally called ABAP query and utilised by Functional consultants to generate stand alone reports for information without the help of ABAPers. A normal SQ01/SQVI contains a single Table and can have multiple tables linked through a commne field betn then so that the report extraction/ output comes fine.

We can use this for user specific requirements if it is there instead of going in developing a ABAP report. For example some body needs only 2 or 3 simple informations , either he is not getting all the 3 informations for the std reports available or he is not willing to run the std report and re do it it to get his data as for him that mught be tedious.Then we can tell him to go for SQVI or SQ01. Take for Example I need a simple data like Back Flush indicator, for how many material for my plant it is available, i need to find out, for this I can simply create a Query for the field RGEKZ and the table MARC.

Best Regards

Edited by: samuel mendis on Apr 21, 2009 7:19 AM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question