cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping too many fields can cause load on the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question about a mapping .. I am mapping an IDOC to a web-service. The Web-service structure is having the exact same structure as the idoc, but all the fields are not necessary. But the Owner of the web-service is requesting me to map all fields even though it is not required. So my question is ,Will this unwanted field mappings can create an overload/burden on xi system ? I am getting the idoc from an R/3 system and then I use a BPM to send it to web-service to send the invoice to ORACLE ERP and the response I am getting is used to update the status of IDOC in R/3. Your thoughts on this please..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally a standard mapping (I guess graphical) which is 1:1 will definetely not cause any performace issues! Sometimes negative effects are experienced with very complex mappings and many transformations, calculations, value-based actions, etc. Even XSLTs and large mssages could be a problem, because each time the whole message is read. In such cases JAVA mappings may help.

But your case all should be fine ;o)

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes it is some load on the XI server.

If the structures are same then no need to map, but in your case if you use the mapping then obviously it takes some time for executing the mapping program, this execution time depends on the number of fields mapping and complex of the mapping.

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks a lot for giving me your valuable suggestions.

Cheers

Skaria Manoj

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes, the more the number of fields that are mapped, the more the time it takes to execute the mapping.

Why does the owner of the webservice insisting on data that is not required?

Explain in clear terms that the information is not really required.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

see Performance Monitoring [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9e/6921e784677d4591053564a8b95e7d/frameset.htm]