Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Dataload

saikumar_gunaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We recently upgraded from Bw 3.x to BI 7.0.

The content for BI Admin Cockpit was installed as well.Now, in one of the statistics cubes namely - 0TCT_C23 the dataloads (delta) are failing.Now i figured out that it is because of one errorneous record in the PSA.The help text on that record says ::"Generation of Masterdata Routine for Characteristic 0TIME blocked , BRAIN 94 is the message code.

Can someone help me understand what could be done other than manually correcting the record and then loading it in to the data targets please....

Thank you,

Regards,

Kabierr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we stumbled on the same problem when upgrading to SCM 7.0

the errormessage was shown in 3 DTPs running in parallel using the same source.

in each DTP we had specified #5 background processes.

when we ran each DTP indepently we still had the problem

when we ran each DTP one after the other using #1 background process, the DTP finished succesfully

then we ran again the DTPs , again in parallel, and again with #5 processes,, everything was fine !

so this was clearly related to the upgrade and a one time event as the system had to generate the master data routines (and clearly this does not work with parallelization)

hope this helps for other people doing an upgrade as i did not found any info in OSS regarding this errormessage

best regards

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're having the same issue on a test landscape after upgrading to 7.0. SAP has recommended running $SYNC. Our Basis staff has doubts about this since the buffers should have been cleared as a result of the save and restore creating the test environment.

I've updated the OSS ticket asking SAP if $SYNC should be run as a post upgrade step also if there was a way to identify the obsolete programs so that they could be regenerated prior to execution.

Have you come upon a solution?

Thanks,

Chuck Jines

SGE&E