cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on CRM 4.0 . The requirement I have is to change the description/short text of the item in the sales order automatically. Currently the item description is the description of the product entered on the line item. But the requirement is to change description to the concatenation of the first name and last name of the business partner ( with a specific partner function ) entered for that line item.

I am trying to use the BADI 'CRM_ORDERADM_I_BADI' . The issue is that this BADI gets called before the partner screen is displayed or partner entered. Once the partner is entered and when the user gets back to the main screen, the BADI is not called. So is there any way to sort this issue or satisfy the requirement ?

Regards,

Vin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

I think the suitable BADI method is COM_PARTNER_CHECK.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

In the BADI "COM_PARTNER_BADI", the field for item description is not accessible for change. So not sure on how I can change item description using this BADI. Can you please give more details ?

Regards,

Vin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vin,

Try a FM like CRM_ORDERADM_I_MAINTAIN_OW to change the description of your item.

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the following steps to solve the issue.

1) I used COM_PARTNER_BADI, method COM_PARTNER_CHECK as suggested. This BADI get invoked when the partner at Sales order item is changed/added.

2) The Sales order item number is not available in the interface of BADI method, so used the function CRM_INTLAY_GET_ITEM_GUID in BADI code

3) Used function 'CRM_ORDERADM_I_READ_OW' to get details of item

4) used function 'CRM_ORDERADM_I_PUT_OB' to change the description of the item .

The above steps solved the issue.

I am just wondering if there are any side effects of using functions like 'CRM_ORDERADM_I_READ_OW' and 'CRM_ORDERADM_I_PUT_OB' in the BADI code.

Regards,

Vin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Perhaps, you can implement the logic COM_PARTNER_BADI to update the item description when the requiered partner is changed.

Hope it helps,

David