cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation in Web Dynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a problem with triggering navigation to external Web Dynpro application.

Here is the current set up. I have multiple Web Dynpro reports using custom authorizations (utilizing Z-table, checking application name and user ID). In case if authorization check fails I am triggering plug which takes user to view with u201CNo authorizationu201D sign. Works perfect. Problem is that I have to embed this u201CNo authorizationu201D view on each report.

Now, I tried to do following but I failed. I have created Web Dynpro application only with u201CNo authorizationu201D sign (single view). On each report I was calling static method that checked authorizations and in case if it was not successful I was executing absolute navigation using method NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE of IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION instead of firing plugs. Unfortunately no navigation has been triggered (method has been executed). Please note I am not using any portal integration. Each report is just a separate Web Dynpro application. Perhaps that is the issue.

Is there a way to re-direct user from one Web Dynpro application to another using ABAP code?

Kind Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> Perhaps that is the issue

Yes that would be the problem. You can only use the Portal Navigation APIs (IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION ) when running in the Portal or in the NetWeaver Business Client.

> there a way to re-direct user from one Web Dynpro application to another using ABAP code?

Yes - exit plugs would be the correct approach.

Answers (0)